Are they still doing upgrade bids?

I just checked on my bids for my 8/14 sailing, and they were all expired (OS, 1 BR GS, and 2 BR GS) except for my bid on the JS, which still says pending. I'm actually surprised that they updated anything this early, but I'm happy to know that at least I won't be moving up to the OS or GS. 

I was on the Freedom of the Seas earlier this month and had bids on 4 different rooms.  I checked each day for a week or two before the trip.  We had booked a guaranteed balcony and saw the we were changed to a spacious ocean view balcony a few days before the cruise.  I checked the credit card and didn't have a charge for the bid and the other bids were still pending.  On the Thursday night before the cruise that left on Monday morning I received the email stating that we had a junior suite.  At that point the credit card was charged and we could see the new room number on the app.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jrljel said:

So does anyone know how far out you find out if you got the upgrade or not?  I have bid on 3 for my 8/20 sailing.  Thanks!

Based on Pre-pandemic history (Is anything still the same in cruising?) It can come right up to a day before  sailing.   I THINK each ship does their own updates and I've heard of cancelations by one customer triggering last minute updates for another. 

On 7/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, Vera/Lee said:

I bid on several cabins for my August sailing (23 days out). I have been checking it everyday and everyone was pending. Today it says: "Whoops, looks like that page has sailed on". I'm not sure what that means.

I posted a few days ago I too was getting the message "Whoops, looks like that page has sailed on". Today, I received notice my Royal Up bid for our 07/31 AOS sailing was accepted. Going from Ocean View Balcony to Junior Suite. Minimum bid was $150, my bid was $180. So you still may be in luck for the Royal Up bid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kpauley said:

I posted a few days ago I too was getting the message "Whoops, looks like that page has sailed on". Today, I received notice my Royal Up bid for our 07/31 AOS sailing was accepted. Going from Ocean View Balcony to Junior Suite. Minimum bid was $150, my bid was $180. So you still may be in luck for the Royal Up bid.

Congratulations!!! Thanks for reporting back. I'm still getting the same message.

57 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

Congratulations!!! Thanks for reporting back. I'm still getting the same message.

Hopefully, it means you'll be getting an accepted bid one of these days. 🤞

• Thanks 1

I really want to bid on a junior suite, but the minimum bid is $300 per person. I am not sure it is worth it to pay an extra $600+ to go from an oceanside balcony to a junior suite on Allure of the Seas.