Fantastica room service

thepla

I know we only get free continental breakfast and free delivery but it looks different in cruise details 

Words imply free room service and free delivery and I don't see where it only states breakfast. Screenshot_20210721_080110.thumb.png.7b97a152e9a87d5b4919bd807d09a2c8.png

MSC statements can be awkwardly worded.  Perhaps they are intentionally misleading because the continental breakfast items are free so technically for Fantastica that entire service is free.  All other items on the room service menu have a price.  The $4 delivery fee, at the specified times, is always waived for Fantastica but the food items are charged at the cost shown on the room service menu.

32 minutes ago, Até said:

MSC statements can be awkwardly worded.  Perhaps they are intentionally misleading because the continental breakfast items are free so technically for Fantastica that entire service is free.  All other items on the room service menu have a price.  The $4 delivery fee, at the specified times, is always waived for Fantastica but the food items are charged at the cost shown on the room service menu.

Thanks you explained exactly what I am expecting, like you said their wording is awkward. 

3 hours ago, Até said:

I have never tried the Fantastica experience.

Can you order free food items from the buffet or main dining room for breakfast lunch and dinner and have them all delivered to your room free of charge, within the specified timings of 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.?

Edited by drsel

27 minutes ago, drsel said:

Can you order free food items from the buffet or main dining room for breakfast lunch and dinner and have them all delivered to your room free of charge, within the specified timings of 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.?

No, there is a specific room service menu and all items except continental breakfast items are an extra charge.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Até said:

No, there is a specific room service menu and all items except continental breakfast items are an extra charge.

Thanks, so it doesn't make sense to order anything except for breakfast in bed

20 hours ago, Até said:

Wow! Thanks for posting this...if I hadn't seen it I would have assumed any room service menu items are free of charge for Fantastica. I've only ever done Royal, Princess and NCL and all offer many food items free (some with a delivery charge, some without). "Free room service with free delivery"  - I'll abide by their rules, but is certainly misleading.

MSC only understands room service in terms of a the continental breakfast or an off dining room hours snack, full in suite dining ordering from a restaurant menu is a strange phenomena to them.  And it's not only for the regular cabins, even in Yacht Club it is next to impossible to get a full meal served in your cabin.  You can get things like a pizza delivered but even the largest cabins are not set up for inside dining.  MSC deems full in suite dining is really only needed when you're quarantined in your cabin.