celebrity edge cabin question

dimiegirl

I'm departing for the Edge's Caribbean sailing in two days which is right in the middle of summer and there after repeated reports from prior sailings that its very heat/humid.  Therefore I "downgraded" from my IV room to a porthole room once one became available which was the "lesser of two evils" IMO with it being the middle of summer.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, kwokpot said:

Let's clarify your statement. The Infinite Veranda has a motorized Blackout Pleated Shade that sits about 6" from the Large window and comes from inside the ceiling all the way to the floor via a switch. When the shade is down the room is very dark. You can stop the shade at any point as it descends from the ceiling. That is the ONLY light and/or privacy tool other than the bifold glass doors (Have they been frosted in all IVs on the Edge and Apex? I don't have the answer to that). Unlike curtains where you can pull them away from the edges to peek outside the IV shade has tracks on the far left and right sides which prevent you from pulling them away to peak outside, doing so will ruin the shades. Because the shade sits about 6" away from the window it is necessary to move the chairs away in order to lower the shade, otherwise they will be in the way. The chairs also must be moved if you want to open or close the bifold glass doors. 

I think this illustrates your point and of course you cannot even part close the blind if the window is even a fraction open which means you cannot enjoy the balcony and keep the room cool at the same time unlike a conventional balcony where you can sit/sunbathe on the balcony with the doors closed behind you and the curtains drawn.

RX302591ms.jpg

P1040464ms.jpg

Edited by JBare

4 hours ago, JBare said:

I think this illustrates your point and of course you cannot even part close the blind if the window is even a fraction open which means you cannot enjoy the balcony and keep the room cool at the same time unlike a conventional balcony where you can sit/sunbathe on the balcony with the doors closed behind you and the curtains drawn.

RX302591ms.jpg

P1040464ms.jpg

Thanks for adding those photos, especially the Edge IV one. Yes, it illustrates the very points I was trying to articulate. As that very photo shows you have to move those chairs around to open and close the bifold doors (The bifold doors weren't yet frosted the two times I sailed the Edge).

I will again say that I enjoyed both of my stays in an IV cabin but that's with the acknowledgement that the cabin isn't a balcony cabin but an Oceanview with an operating window. The many comments I post is to give future cruisers information about these unique type of cabins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1