Premier Cabana on the Cay

On 7/22/2021 at 3:30 PM, Island Beachdog said:

Yes, the small ones are classic cabanas. The large ones are  now the Premier Cabanas. 

Thank you. Do you know off-hand if you still get fruit, chips, and a $50 food credit with the premier cabanas? The description no longer mentions those, so I am wondering if they took those perks away. 

There's a food truck in the back of the cabanas for easy acces to complimentary food.

While I liked the extra's on the cabanas the food was a bit of a mweh thing, logistical it seemed a nightmare to get it off the ship and to the cabanas in a timely manner.

Check out the villa's Silver Cove if you can get a hold on them, beats the cabanas! :classic_blush:

• Like 1

On 7/26/2021 at 5:01 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

There's a food truck in the back of the cabanas for easy acces to complimentary food.

While I liked the extra's on the cabanas the food was a bit of a mweh thing, logistical it seemed a nightmare to get it off the ship and to the cabanas in a timely manner.

Check out the villa's Silver Cove if you can get a hold on them, beats the cabanas! :classic_blush:

We were looking at them, but I read that they are so far away from everything. If the perks are good, I will book it. I just didn't want buyer's remorse LOL

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

We were looking at them, but I read that they are so far away from everything. If the perks are good, I will book it. I just didn't want buyer's remorse LOL

We've been to GSC two times, once in a small cabana and another time in the Villa's. With the tram and the Silver Cove F&B you don't need anything else, you're escaping the crowds! :classic_cool: But if you want to participate in the beach activities or visit the straw market yes.. that might take some time. If the price is not outrageous than the Villa's are the best way to go. But I can imagine settling for a cabana with some of the pricing..

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

I hear people say "everything is so far away" for almost every port a cruise ship visits!

I am going to try to put GSC into distance perspective.  The island is only 268 acres. (However, there are many parts that are not even accessible.)  From the point where one leaves their tender boat, there are walkways leading to many different attractions.  I believe that from the "Dock" to the Large Cabanas is no more than 2000+/- feet. The small cabanas might be another 1000 feet, or so.

The best way to eliminate unwanted walking is to know ahead of your visit where you want to be and what you want to see. 

NCL does have a small map here:  (Click on it's orange highlights to see the Activities/Venues)

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/great-stirrup-cay

We are looking forward to a Silver Cove Lagoon Villa (farthest area from the Tender Dock) and are still planning to explore as many other areas of the island as we are allowed to visit.

The Villas did not exist the last time we were there.

Edited by ggTexasGal
Tried adding link

On 7/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

We've been to GSC two times, once in a small cabana and another time in the Villa's. With the tram and the Silver Cove F&B you don't need anything else, you're escaping the crowds! :classic_cool: But if you want to participate in the beach activities or visit the straw market yes.. that might take some time. If the price is not outrageous than the Villa's are the best way to go. But I can imagine settling for a cabana with some of the pricing..

Great, thank you!

On 7/28/2021 at 3:19 PM, FreestyleNovice said:

Only one more question - I promise! Ocean villa or lagoon villa?  

It looks like they have fully remodeled the villas. There are a few different categories now. I tried to book one from the new page as we will be there in January but it wouldn't let me. Not sure if we need to call now. Looks like the have listened to the customer and did some definite upgrades. 

Edited by jetact

44 minutes ago, jetact said:

It looks like they have fully remodeled the villas. There are a few different categories now. I tried to book one from the new page as we will be there in January but it wouldn't let me. Not sure if we need to call now. Looks like the have listened to the customer and did some definite upgrades. 

This.

We had a Lagoon Villa with 1 bedroom in 2019, when they just opened. I haven't heard of Ocean Villa's, perhaps someone at this (older) thread may be able to help:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

This.

We had a Lagoon Villa with 1 bedroom in 2019, when they just opened. I haven't heard of Ocean Villa's, perhaps someone at this (older) thread may be able to help:

Thats good to know as the pictures on the excursion page are totally different then on this rendering. They only offer the one luxury villa also for $699.00. Thank you. 

• Like 1

It seems they renamed the/all? Lagoon Villa's into Ocean Villa's or something along that line.

Take in account; when will you be visiting GSC, will it be a hot day, shade may be preferred, is the Villa price worth the extra over a Cabana, what part of GSC do you want to be on, etc

And any Villa is way more luxury than any GSC Cabana.. :classic_love: but there can be a hefty price. NCL uses higher rates (or used) for the larger ships when they call at GSC.

41 minutes ago, FreestyleNovice said:

It seems they renamed the/all? Lagoon Villa's into Ocean Villa's or something along that line.

Take in account; when will you be visiting GSC, will it be a hot day, shade may be preferred, is the Villa price worth the extra over a Cabana, what part of GSC do you want to be on, etc

And any Villa is way more luxury than any GSC Cabana.. :classic_love: but there can be a hefty price. NCL uses higher rates (or used) for the larger ships when they call at GSC.

We will be there in January. We will be getting a villa. The price that shows up is $699.00 so I will book that. I am sure that is going to be very nice and the lagoon or ocean is fine with me. 

• Like 1