EZAir Refare After Final Payment

racj846

For those that have refared EZAir flexible after final payment, but before the 45 day point, has Princess simply refunded the difference, or do they refund the original payment in conjunction with processing the new charge.

My experience from 2019. You secure the fare at the lower price. The receipt will reflect lower price.  I had to call them to get the fare difference refunded. It was not automatic and I don't recall any instructions on this. I thought the credit would show up on my credit card but it didn't. After a few weeks I called Princess. Don't know if it makes a difference but I booked/paid through a TA.

I use a TA to get discounted cruise fare, but book my own air.  If it happened to me, I would call Princess since TA not involved in air.  I'd rather have a cash refund to CC and not OBC, but I could deal with it.

It can happen, but I have not found lower airfare after FP Date.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, racj846 said:

For those that have refared EZAir flexible after final payment, but before the 45 day point, has Princess simply refunded the difference, or do they refund the original payment in conjunction with processing the new charge.

My experience has been when you go into EzAir and change your flights, if the fare is higher you need to supply credit card to pay the difference, if lower you just verify you want the itinerary wherever it is new flights or your same flights are pricing lower. 

A credit to your credit card should be issued, but I have had to call EzAir to have them ‘release’ the credit so it will actually ‘post’. They do not ‘refund’ your prior balance and ‘charge’ the new amount, only charge would be the difference of your previous balance and higher fare.

General census seems to be I will get a credit to my charge card.  My TA, who is in the U.S. said the same thing.  So will give them a couple of weeks before I get on the phone.  

...and yes,  checked the airfare a couple of days after final payment and noticed a drop of just over 10%. 

Thanks to all who replied.

6 minutes ago, racj846 said:

General census seems to be I will get a credit to my charge card.  My TA, who is in the U.S. said the same thing.  So will give them a couple of weeks before I get on the phone.  

...and yes,  checked the airfare a couple of days after final payment and noticed a drop of just over 10%. 

Thanks to all who replied.

I had a significant decrease. They would not talk to me about the credit to my credit card - the TA had to call.

• Thanks 1