Room Service Alcohol ( Bottle)

thesmiths

Normally pre-order a bottle of rum for the cabin.

I'll usually get the Brugal Anejo Rum.

For a few year now they no longer have Capt Morgan to pre-order.

Can you order it (Capt Morgan) from room service or will they only deliver what is on the the list that you can pre-order from?

Have some friends down the hall that like Capt and wanted to see if I can get a bottle for my cabin for them..

Thanks.

On 7/23/2021 at 12:48 PM, thesmiths said:

Normally pre-order a bottle of rum for the cabin.

I'll usually get the Brugal Anejo Rum.

For a few year now they no longer have Capt Morgan to pre-order.

Can you order it (Capt Morgan) from room service or will they only deliver what is on the the list that you can pre-order from?

Have some friends down the hall that like Capt and wanted to see if I can get a bottle for my cabin for them..

Thanks.

Asking for a friend, eh? You'd think they would because of the profit margin. The thing that comes to mind is how do they know what to charge you if it is not on the list? If you want to be the best host, buy 2 bottles in the first port, after getting past security back aboard, slip 1 back into your backpack and turn in 1 bottle at the naughty table. Your friends will buy the other bottle back the last night. Not that I'd encourage sleight of hand.

45 minutes ago, mondello said:

Asking for a friend, eh? You'd think they would because of the profit margin. The thing that comes to mind is how do they know what to charge you if it is not on the list? If you want to be the best host, buy 2 bottles in the first port, after getting past security back aboard, slip 1 back into your backpack and turn in 1 bottle at the naughty table. Your friends will buy the other bottle back the last night. Not that I'd encourage sleight of hand.

Thank You, Just trying to avoid all of that sleight.

I'll make the call when I get onboard to see what they say, if not, I'll just get the second bottle of Brugal.

• Like 1

I have a similar question. I have always pre-ordered a bottle of Crown for my dad, but Crown is no longer on the pre-order menu. In another thread, I asked someone who was sailing if they have it in the bars and he said they do. I wonder if we will be able to order it from room service once on board. It is just so strange they would remove it from the pre-order menu. He will be very disappointed if he can’t make his own crown/ginger in the room!

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

We have never been allowed to buy a bottle on board and have delivered to our room, we have always had to preorder prior to boarding.  If it works let me know.

You can order full bottles from room service.

You can't purchase from the shop and have delivered.

1 hour ago, dbrucern said:

We have never been allowed to buy a bottle on board and have delivered to our room, we have always had to preorder prior to boarding.  If it works let me know.

You can definitely order from room service once on board, we have done that in the past when my dad decided one bottle was not enough!  The issue the OP and I both have is…can you order something from room service that does not show up on the pre-order menu?  

It worries me that they have removed Crown from the pre-order menu…

45 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

I've always ordered a bottle of Crown also, sad if it's gone from the order form.

A recent YT cruise review said his Crown pre-order was canceled and they switched it with another brand after he complained.  He added he believed it was because Crown is in short supply or Carnival had issues getting it or something. Speculated  they want to keep their supply for the bar. 

31 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

A recent YT cruise review said his Crown pre-order was canceled and they switched it with another brand after he complained.  He added he believed it was because Crown is in short supply or Carnival had issues getting it or something. Speculated  they want to keep their supply for the bar. 

Oh that really, really stinks. This will not go over well with my dad!  Oh, first world problems 😂.

Thank you for the insights, it is good to know and makes some sense, since someone said they have seen Crown at the bars. 

Once upon a time there was no way to preorder online.  Being able to have a bottle delivered to your room was one of those "insider secrets" and the list of options was not listed on the Carnival website (though it may have been listed on the travel agent website).  In order to get a bottle delivered you had to call in to Carnival and order a bottle to be delivered.  If your fav has gone missing from the online menu, try calling Carnival directly and see if you can order it through them prior to the cruise.  If I recall correctly the listing that used to float around seemed to have a lot more selections than what I recall seeing last time I looked at the online options.   

If you do order through room service, do note that you have to be present to sign for it when it is delivered. They will not just leave it in your room. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, momin05 said:

You can definitely order from room service once on board, we have done that in the past when my dad decided one bottle was not enough!  The issue the OP and I both have is…can you order something from room service that does not show up on the pre-order menu?  

It worries me that they have removed Crown from the pre-order menu…

Things may have changed but we have ordered bottle that was different from the pre order menu.

As long as carnival stocked it in surplus. My friend got a high end bottle of cognac.

6 hours ago, Qchell said:

Once upon a time there was no way to preorder online.  Being able to have a bottle delivered to your room was one of those "insider secrets" and the list of options was not listed on the Carnival website (though it may have been listed on the travel agent website).  In order to get a bottle delivered you had to call in to Carnival and order a bottle to be delivered.  If your fav has gone missing from the online menu, try calling Carnival directly and see if you can order it through them prior to the cruise.  If I recall correctly the listing that used to float around seemed to have a lot more selections than what I recall seeing last time I looked at the online options.   

If you do order through room service, do note that you have to be present to sign for it when it is delivered. They will not just leave it in your room. 

Thanks.  I will call and see what they say. It would be good to know before we get on board. Maybe they will figure out how to replenish their stock before August 15!

2 hours ago, Bases5 said:

Things may have changed but we have ordered bottle that was different from the pre order menu.

As long as carnival stocked it in surplus. My friend got a high end bottle of cognac.

Thank you. This is good to know. 

6 hours ago, Qchell said:

This is correct. Call them for preorders. They have more options than what is listed.