How many months left do you need on a passport us closed loop cruise

maggieq

14 hours ago, RichYak said:

I renewed in July with all the same express methods and it took just under 4 weeks, so it's definitely speeding up.

If you have Global Entry, don't forget to update your passport number and expiration. It might take a full month before it recognizes your new number. If you get an error, just be patient and try again in a few weeks.

Yes thanks for reminding me about Global Entry.😀

14 hours ago, D C said:

Wow!! 

Glad you got them promptly. You're probably wishing you hadn't paid extra for the expediting. 

Dave,

I was happy to pay for expediting and the express mail.  Although I do not need my passport in the immediate future, one just never knows what might come up.  I don't like being without a passport.  So a few extra bucks every 10 years is just not an issue for the peace of mind I get back.  By the way, this was the first passport renewal I had to pay for myself in literally decades.  I was fortunate that the companies I worked for always took care of the expense - and sometimes did the renewal for me too.  So this was the first time since I retired a couple of years back that my passport was all up to me!😊

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2021 at 4:46 PM, Jim_Iain said:

How long did it take to get your renewal?   We need extra pages and I was hearing the waiting time was about 6 weeks to 2 months.    We are holding tight until the end of our September cruise to see if things improve.  

I just renewed our US passports. I did not do express. Mailed them Nov 15, 2021 and got them in the mail Dec 15. Still waiting for our old passports. Yes US passports with 48 pages are gone.

So what's up with this new 'passport card'?  Have never seen one presented by anyone at immigration, nor had I heard about them before.  I suppose since in these digital days no one ever stamps them, the old books are passé, but haven't seen the replacement.

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

So what's up with this new 'passport card'?  Have never seen one presented by anyone at immigration, nor had I heard about them before.  I suppose since in these digital days no one ever stamps them, the old books are passé, but haven't seen the replacement.

My new passport book is a total of 28 pages between the covers.  Pages 8-27 are for stamps.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Passport cards basically only work on closed loop cruises, traveling across the boarder to Canada, and I imagine Mexico.  You still need an actual passport book to travel to other international destinations - i.e., the airlines would not yet you board without one.   

Edited by Ferry_Watcher