Covid testing on Princess?

Wishing on a star

From what I understand, their language here, and their 'intention' do not mean anything much...

In light of the Delta variant and 'breakthrough' cases,  I was wondering if there was any hint of additional testing.

This doesn't seem to be happening now...  but also wonder about the near future.

Edited by Wishing on a star

It's my understanding that a negative COVID test is required to enter the US by air, sea or land. 
Last week, we were on a Viking cruise around Bermuda (it was heaven!) and we had daily testing onboard (we had to spit into collection tubes each AM) so it was easy for them to produce our letter of our negative test to check into our flight home from Bermuda. 

I'm not expecting the rigorous daily testing on our upcoming Mexico cruise to Cabo in October. However, I'm concerned where we will get tested to return to the US (assuming it will be at customs and immigration in San Pedro). I'm hoping it will be available onboard, as my husband has mobility issues and we were planning on staying aboard while in Cabo.

True!  These Alaska cruises, technically, do not need testing for re-entry, as they are U.S. only.

As you mentioned on VIKING,  (which does seem AMAZING!  COVID protocols and all) I think that most cruise lines are/will be doing their testing onboard.  I can't see having to go ashore in a foreign country to be tested.

But, with these Alaska cruises, it does not look like Princess is requiring, or conducting, any testing, at all.

Doesn't seem good?