Celebrity "Cruise Care" coverage change ??

39august

Please no comments about this not being the best travel insurance. We also carry GeoBlue.  Anyway, I know Cruise Care increased coverage for medical and evacuation. Did it change in any other substantial way, please? Specifically, I am hoping there was no change to exclude covid related medical coverage. 

Here is a link to the actual policy language as it applies to Oklahoma:

CW Celebrity Cover Page Ver. 200801 (archinsurancesolutions.com)

Happy reading 🙂

I took a quick look and it appears to be the typical Aon language (used by several other cruise lines).  One might want to take a good look at the pre-existing definition (with a 60 day look back period).   Since the OP has GeoBlue there might be some delay in claims processing (for healthcare) because of coordination of claims stuff, but this is normal in the insurance world.  I did not see any exclusion for COVID and I would add that the current GeoBlue policies do not have exclusions for COVID except for some possible medical evacuation issues if a person has COVID.   

I can say, from personal experience, that medical evacuation becomes an interesting issue when one has coverage from multiple policies.  Consider that the OP would have coverage through GeoBlue and the Celebrity/AON policies and might even have more coverage through a credit card.    When we had a similar situation the GeoBlue folks jumped to the head of the class and took care of the issue but I am not sure it would always be that easy.

Hank

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link. I have read it and apparently there has been no change of wording since I requested a copy 3 years ago for my files. Nothing about covid-19. Only the coverage amounts have been changed. 

• Thanks 1