Included CSA Travel Protection

jules815

We have CSA Travel Protection included with our upcoming cruise in October. Trying to find out what's included with the coverage, but after trying a search on the MSC website, came up with nothing. I seem to remember in the past, this info will be part of our cruise docs. Am I correct?

We live in the US and will be flying from Chicago to Miami. We're spending 2 nights in Miami pre-cruise, then 7 days on Meraviglia where we'll probably only leave the ship at Ocean Cay. We're both fully vaccinated.

The reason I'm inquiring is, I started getting estimates for additional travel coverage, and even thru USAA, which typically has good rates, they seemed high. Over $800?? I know these are different times, but when we've taken out additional travel insurance in the past (for longer or where we were flying out of the US), travel insurance was never expensive.   Is additional travel insurance required for fully vaccinated US citizens traveling from Miami?

Are you referencing the COVID-19 Reassurance coverage MSC gives to vaccinated for free and charges for a fee for non-vaccinated?  Or did you purchase the complete Travel Protection w/COVID-19 coverage plan?

Additional travel insurance is not required for US bookings on US sailings.  The only one mandatory for that scenario is the COVID-19 Reassurance plan for non-vaccinated passengers.

MSC is providing Covid insurance free of charge for cruises on and before October 31, 2021. Out of Florida. (Reassurance program)

my question, what happens for cruises after November 1? 

Since insurance will be mandatory for all non vaccinated, assuming they will have to purchase it after October 31.
What if fully vaccinated passengers want to purchase this insurance?

1 hour ago, jules815 said:

Is additional travel insurance required for fully vaccinated US citizens traveling from Miami?

Quick answer, no additional insurance required for fully vaccinated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Até said:

Additional travel insurance is not required for US bookings on US sailings.  The only one mandatory for that scenario is the COVID-19 Reassurance plan for non-vaccinated passengers.

I typed the wrong plan name above.  On US sailings non-vaccinated passengers have to purchase the full Travel Protection w/COVID-19 Coverage plan through MSC.

2 hours ago, phissy said:

MSC is providing Covid insurance free of charge for cruises on and before October 31, 2021. Out of Florida. (Reassurance program)

my question, what happens for cruises after November 1? 

Since insurance will be mandatory for all non vaccinated, assuming they will have to purchase it after October 31.
What if fully vaccinated passengers want to purchase this insurance?

It looks like from November 1st on MSC will not provide the Reassurance plan to vaccinated passengers.  I've already received emails from MSC for my Spring cruises that if I'm not vaccinated I need to now purchase their insurance.  I don't need it, but anyone can purchase the MSC full Travel Protection w/COVID-19 coverage plan.  Even though MSC has still not linked to the details I personally think there are better plans available.