It looks like Celebrity is now requiring negative COVID test before boarding

jcpc

On 8/5/2021 at 5:00 AM, TeeRick said:

Please let us know if you find a rapid antigen test in Seattle.  We are flying in early before our cruise and will need to be tested there within 3 days of sailing.  Sept 24 sailing.

We originally planned to fly down to Seattle on September 14th to board the Millennium on the 17th for our B2B set.  I suspect that testing requirement will extend longer than September 6th.  Neither of us wants to find a rapid test in Seattle.  Fortunately I have found two locations in Fairbanks that can do them.

So we spent yesterday afternoon moving our flights so we fly down the day before boarding and spend several days in Seattle after the September 24th cruise;  Alaska Air has relatively small first class cabins but one of their customer service reps had no problems keeping us in first class.  Then we tackled the hotel issue as our preferred hotel is Cedarbrook Lodge and Retreat located near SEATAC.  With only one night in Seattle before boarding we changed reservations to a hotel located near Pier 66.  And while we had booked one night at Cedarbrook after the September 24th cruise they are totally booked so can't extend the booking date.  Again, had to cancel the Cedarbrook and book another few days at the hotel near Pier 66.  Fortunately the Mariners are not in town or we would have been dealing with baseball tickets and tickets for the special Monet exhibit at Seattle Art Museum cannot be booked until closer to the dates we need.  And then the pet boarding facility booking also had to be changed.  

I realize these are not third world problems, and feel fortunate that we had the time to make the changes.

• Like 2

After spending a lot of time online trying to find a location in/near downtown Seattle to get tested we settled on this place:

https://discoveryhealthmd.com/

They have a location at the Fisherman's Terminal that offers the rapid (20 minute) test and also will take appointments well in advance.  It's also apparently not a drive through which is helpful for those of us without a car.  At $150 PP it's the most economical test I have been able to find that you can schedule in advance and is only about 10 minutes from the pier.  Plus, you can cancel the appointment up to 24 hours beforehand and get a full refund if you are able to get a cheaper or free alternative.  I hope some people find this helpful.