No more August sailings on NCL.Com?

lizord

Just went to check on my August 22nd Gem pricing to find no trace of it on the NCL site for Gem or the more likely-to-sail Encore. No idea why they would do this, it's not like these sailings were selling out.

Yup, same thing for my August 15th on the Gem. I didn't get the dreaded "your cruise is on hold" screen but I'm still worried after they pulled it from the site (at least on the booking end).

Edited by BamaCruiser39

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

This is incorrect for the Gem. No business reduces prices on sold out items. Ncl  just reduced prices again last night for all august and September Gem sailings. I can book gem right now….

interior $379

ocean view $450

balcony $499

I do agree that encore in Alaska seems to be selling well for the month of august, but September encore prices are starting the expected decline. 

The ships are available to book right now, just not on NcL.com. For some reason their website takes a break on the weekends. 

Prices just went down today, too bad I booked yesterday. Probably going to call and get an upgrade to a balcony tomorrow, maybe I'd be better off putting in a bid. I really don't know.

1 minute ago, lizord said:

Prices just went down today, too bad I booked yesterday. Probably going to call and get an upgrade to a balcony tomorrow, maybe I'd be better off putting in a bid. I really don't know.

I think you have an excellent chance at a free upgrade. Best I can tell, the gem is no where near 60%. I would recommend holding off giving NcL additional funds at this time. 

8 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think you have an excellent chance at a free upgrade. Best I can tell, the gem is no where near 60%. I would recommend holding off giving NcL additional funds at this time. 

BBound, could you give me any hints on where you are seeing the new pricing? I'm still seeing the pricing I booked under which is as follows: Inside: $399 OV: $449 B: $650. And checking all the sailings in Aug and September, my Aug 22nd is still the cheapest. Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, lizord said:

BBound, could you give me any hints on where you are seeing the new pricing? I'm still seeing the pricing I booked under which is as follows: Inside: $399 OV: $449 B: $650. And checking all the sailings in Aug and September, my Aug 22nd is still the cheapest. Thanks in advance.

Have you ever tried using a site that actually Competes for your Cruise business? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Have you ever tried using a site that actually Competes for your Cruise business? 

Thanks I'm familiar with that one, never seen an agent discount that much. Until NCL's pricing comes down I think I'm out of luck with calling for an upgrade. Thanks for the help, I knew these Gem sailings weren't "At Capacity" or whatever...

• Like 1

I just checked the NCL Travel Agent system

Gem - 8/15 Haven ad Inside show sold out, all other room types have availablity, 8/22 & 8/29 all room types have availability.  For all 3 sailings some specific categories may be unavailable however.

Encore 8/21 & 8/28 - only Have rooms are available all other room types show sold out

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

I just checked the NCL Travel Agent system

Gem - 8/15 Haven ad Inside show sold out, all other room types have availablity, 8/22 & 8/29 all room types have availability.  For all 3 sailings some specific categories may be unavailable however.

Encore 8/21 & 8/28 - only Have rooms are available all other room types show sold out

On the Encore 8/21, what Haven rooms are still available?