So how does the Alchemy bar work?

dolphfan

I forgot the name of the drink I liked most. They took it off the menu about 3 years ago at the Alchemy bar. All I remember about it was they squeezed the lemon peel then held a lighter to it and it ignited into a fire and they dropped it in your drink. Who remembers the name?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Brass Magnolia and the Fortune Teller bars on the MG may give Alchemy a run for their money with some of the  unique concoctions I've seen on YouTube.  Looking forward to seeing actual menus.

Here's the menu for the Brass Magnolia and Fortune Teller. 

https://cruisespotlight.com/carnival-cruise-line-drink-menus-and-pricing

The Fortune Teller ones looks really interesting and reasonably priced. Will definitely have to try a few

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ray985 said:

The Fortune Teller ones looks really interesting and reasonably priced. Will definitely have to try a few

Great website Ray! People ask questions centered around what's available from what bar, and the price. Thanks for posting! 👍

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ray985 said:

A thousand thank you's.  The Fortune Teller Bar looks like it will be my go to besides the Alchemy to use up my Cheers package.  At the preview day, Jay from Parodeejay on YouTube had a Crystal Ball and said it was strong, tart and good.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 9:24 PM, tallyho8 said:

I forgot the name of the drink I liked most. They took it off the menu about 3 years ago at the Alchemy bar. All I remember about it was they squeezed the lemon peel then held a lighter to it and it ignited into a fire and they dropped it in your drink. Who remembers the name?

That was my favorite as well.  do you remember the name?

In my experience at the Alchemy Bar, I've never had one single drink that WAS on the menu... Only strange and wonderful concoctions that the alchemist's created... I do look forward to trying the Fortune Teller and Brass Magnolia Bar, though...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Noami said:

Flamed citrus zest can be a part of a lot of drinks. Sounds like that may have been The Antioxidant. You should be able to find a recipe online and ask them to make one for you.

That was not the name. It was a drink on the Alchemy menu for a few years but they took it off about 5 or 6 years ago. If I had time I could probably go back on the Carnival forum about 7 years and find a photo of the menu or maybe Google an old menu.

On 8/2/2021 at 12:14 AM, SNJCruisers said:

The Brass Magnolia and the Fortune Teller bars on the MG may give Alchemy a run for their money with some of the  unique concoctions I've seen on YouTube.  

On 8/2/2021 at 1:11 PM, SNJCruisers said:

A thousand thank you's.  The Fortune Teller Bar looks like it will be my go to besides the Alchemy to use up my Cheers package.  

I, too, am really looking forward to experiencing both of these two new venues on Mardi Gras when I board a bit later this year. 

My only personal disappointment (and perhaps it's only short-lived) is seeing the option of frozen beverages on the menu.  One of the many things I love about the Alchemy experience is the total absence of blender noise while sitting there . . . and I tend to sit there for quite a while. 😊 

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever attended a quality craft bar anywhere that did offer frozen beverages.

Edited by DGP1111

This is a 2018 menu. It looks like they had both Antioxidant and Fiery on the menu a little more recently. Is it possible the bar menus are also reduced for now because of supply chain issues?  

image.thumb.jpeg.7877f82cef0f3a6c9564da5d83c27d45.jpeg

I was wondering if they took the Fiery Tropical Passion Martini off the menu because any fire is always a danger on a ship. I have asked for it since it was taken off the menu and had some bartenders who would light it up and some would not.

Any bartender who has worked the Alchemy for years will remember it but I am bringing a copy of the old menu to show a bartender if he doesn't know what it is.

18 hours ago, DGP1111 said:

I, too, am really looking forward to experiencing both of these two new venues on Mardi Gras when I board a bit later this year. 

My only personal disappointment (and perhaps it's only short-lived) is seeing the option of frozen beverages on the menu.  One of the many things I love about the Alchemy experience is the total absence of blender noise while sitting there . . . and I tend to sit there for quite a while. 😊 

Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever attended a quality craft bar anywhere that did offer frozen beverages.

The frozen beverage options are at the Fortune Teller Bar.  It is similar to getting a frozen concoction on Bourbon St at Fat Tuesdays.  It'll give the ladies a choice if they are not hardcore drinkers so they too can imbibe while their SO enjoys the more sophisticated options on the menu.  Will be hitting double digit consumptions most days since the mask is not needed indoors if you're drinking.