Positive Covid Test 2-12 Weeks Prior To Departure

carnivalman

I recognize things are evolving & will for a very long time.  Each company/country establish their own rules & guidelines.  I'm unable to find on the Celebrity website, if it even exists, that proof of a Positive Covid Test 2-12 Weeks Prior To Departure is currently allowed in lieu of a Covid test for getting on a boat.  For example, Aruba allows visitors to fly into the country if they can show proof of a positive test in the past 2-12 weeks along with a doctor's note that you're OK to travel.  CDC also allows it for return to the US.  The rationale is you are currently Covid free with antibodies similar to having been vaccinated although most people can shed the virus for up to 12 weeks resulting in a positive reading during that time period.  And yes, there are stories that there are exceptions to this, although they are few & far between.  Since more & more people who are fully vaccinated seem to be catching the Delta virus & are asymptomatic, testing several weeks before departure would seem to make sense.

While this FAQ doesn't exactly match your question I believe the answer based on below will be NO.

If I’ve had Covid-19 and am recovered with a negative test result, but am not vaccinated, am I permitted to board with a Certificate of Recovery issued by my doctor?

At this time, Celebrity will not accept Certificates of Recovery.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

37 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

While this FAQ doesn't exactly match your question I believe the answer based on below will be NO.

If I’ve had Covid-19 and am recovered with a negative test result, but am not vaccinated, am I permitted to board with a Certificate of Recovery issued by my doctor?

At this time, Celebrity will not accept Certificates of Recovery.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/faqs

Thanx.  I noticed a key phrase, “At this time…..”. It does leave the door open to possibly allow it.  I’m several months out before cruising so things can and will change many times over.  Hopefully they will allow those who tested positive 2-12 prior to sailing.