So which test do we need?

That's exactly what my wife & I are discussing right now. I wish Carnival would be specific as to exactly what kind of test we need! Anyone out there know? Anybody? 

My wife is saying all we need is a rapid antigen test. I'm not so sure. 

Thanks for starting this thread, WT cruiser.

• Like 1

I just got the email and it said,

• Effective with cruises departing on Saturday, August 14, 2021, we will require ALL fully vaccinated guests to produce a negative viral COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) taken within 3 days of their embarkation on all Carnival Cruise Line sailings. Guests who are unvaccinated will continue to follow the requirements already communicated (and as detailed below). 

So I guess I can do either?  The Rapid comes back in like 2-24 hours max so I will probably just do that. 

• Like 1

What happens if rapid tests arent available? A friend of mine got sick this past weekend and it took him 3 days to get tested; now he has to wait until Friday to get the results. It’s going to be hell trying to manage that to make sure you have what you need to get on board. Pretty crappy IMO.

Edited by Yellowjacket1799
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Yellowjacket1799 said:

What happens if rapid tests arent available? A friend of mine got sick this past weekend and it took him 3 days to get tested; now he has to wait until Friday to get the results. It’s going to be hell trying to manage that to make sure you have what you need to get on board. Pretty crappy IMO.

CVS pharmacies appear to do Rapid Antigen Testing.

Vaccinated guests can do either the antigen test or the PCR test.  Antigen test come back ( typically) in about an hour.  PCR test can take several days-unless you pay mucho extra dollars  ( I know, had to do this for another vacation d/t timeline).  

Unvaccinated guests must do the PCR test only.  No choice.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

Vaccinated guests can do either the antigen test or the PCR test.  Antigen test come back ( typically) in about an hour.  PCR test can take several days-unless you pay mucho extra dollars  ( I know, had to do this for another vacation d/t timeline).  

Unvaccinated guests must do the PCR test only.  No choice.  

Clean, clear summary. Thanks.

• Like 1