Wouldn't you think MSC would be a bit more accommodating?

Stockjock

Good news.  Called MSC again and asked for a supervisor this time.  Explained the situation to the agent.  She came back a few times to say she was talking to her.

Finally, the agent came back on the line and said, "Okay, I'm going to transfer you to the supervisor" and it went straight to the supervisor's voicemail that said, "Suzie Supervisor is not available and cannot take messages.  Goodbye!".

I thought, "Crap, I'll have to call back and wait on hold for another hour".

But then, I looked at my booking.  Even though we were disconnected, she moved me from the lifeboat partially obstructed bella balcony to a rear-facing aft unobstructed bella balcony.

Took a number of calls and still not thrilled by some of the changes, the extra cost and lack of information, but I am happy that they were able to move me to what I consider to be a better cabin.  Too bad I couldn't thank that supervisor for doing it.

I suppose the moral is that what occurs may be dependent on who you talk to.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 2

I Found its the person you get in customer service. 
I had an issue where they canceled my room due to covid. They canceled the whole floor
on the MSC Meraviglia the 8th floor has bigger balconies.  I was told wait and they will reassign your room.  I'm not one to leave things to someone who doesn't care about my vacation. Especially when I choose the room specifically for the large balcony.  Large enough my whole family can fit on. by the map it was the size of a normal stateroom.  
So after speaking to 3 people and getting just plain no's (later realized the room I wanted was not in bella
I called back to ask about the current promotion. which was free balcony upgrade and fantastica. I'm in bella and paid more then the current rate.  (don't get me started on if you pay in full you have no right to any promotions but if your not paid in full you can get them, wouldn't you want full payment ?)
Anyway I just asked, the room I want is in fantastica. After pleading my case they said i can do it, let me check. BOOM! he does it.  
I tried to get his manager to praise him. but maybe he would get in trouble. It was such a small thing IMO to change the rooms.  He said they can't do it for everyone. I thanked him profusely.

But in my mind they removed my room I choose due to covid/CDC ok no problem. Plus now was free Fantastica why not just let someone have a room almost identical to what they had.
I do see where MSC can have bad customer service.  3 people didn't even try.  
BTW I booked beginning of this year to try to get a decent room. 
picture shows the rooms i booked on 8 and directly above 4 floors. 

8to12.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice.  When is your sailing?

Sadly, we are strongly considering cancelling our November sailing out of "Rome".  Looks like the Delta variant numbers are spiking like crazy, the EU may close the doors to US travelers, and if we get covid on the ship, they'll throw us off, if we get it before we board, we'll be denied boarding.

We would absolutely love to go, but the whole situation is pretty sketchy right now, and my final payment is due in just over a week.  Even if I paid it and did MSC Total CruiseFlex at the last moment, it would still take several thousand dollars and make it essentially non-refundable, although I could move it to another cruise.

I suspect we'll pull the plug but keep flights and hotels in place (fully refundable), and if by some miracle things have improved tremendously in the fall, we could always rebook, albeit at a potentially higher price.  But gut feeling is that it's just too risky right now.

3 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Very nice.  When is your sailing?

Sadly, we are strongly considering cancelling our November sailing out of "Rome".  Looks like the Delta variant numbers are spiking like crazy, the EU may close the doors to US travelers, and if we get covid on the ship, they'll throw us off, if we get it before we board, we'll be denied boarding.

We would absolutely love to go, but the whole situation is pretty sketchy right now, and my final payment is due in just over a week.  Even if I paid it and did MSC Total CruiseFlex at the last moment, it would still take several thousand dollars and make it essentially non-refundable, although I could move it to another cruise.

I suspect we'll pull the plug but keep flights and hotels in place (fully refundable), and if by some miracle things have improved tremendously in the fall, we could always rebook, albeit at a potentially higher price.  But gut feeling is that it's just too risky right now.

I'm sailing October 8th.  Right now I'll take a staycation, on the ship and ocean cay  still cheaper than a Florida rental with pool for a week.

2 minutes ago, codeyell0 said:

I'm sailing October 8th.  Right now I'll take a staycation, on the ship and ocean cay  still cheaper than a Florida rental with pool for a week.

I think the U.S. sailings have less downside vs. the European sailings.  We have a Celebrity out of Miami late in the year and still feeling fairly good about that one.

But I'm not sure you can stay on the ship if you catch the covid.  I thought they tossed you off at the next port.

Edited by Stockjock

OP, Looping back to your original question, yes I would think they would. This is from a guy who is still awaiting notification that our June 6 and June 13 cruises out of Germany have been canceled. To date, not a single solitary word. To me or to my travel agent.

Just like a fine Swiss watch! NOT. 🤣😡🤣

• Like 1