Premium Plus drink package

tcrutchf

You can’t use OBC for pre-embarkation purchases with MSC. 

Packages are the same price pre-boarding as onboard, but you avoid  the 15% service charge that’s added when purchased onboard by buying pre-cruise.  

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Packages are the same price pre-boarding as onboard, but you avoid  the 15% service charge that’s added when purchased onboard by buying pre-cruise.  

This is where it gets a little tricky. We have 2 types of credit coming our way. Over $400 in credit from a FCC, and also another $200 in OBC that was part of the promotion for our current booking. 

Before our last cruise that was canceled (should have sailed in April 2021), we had a FCC from the October 2020 cruise that was canceled. Before the April 21 cruise was canceled, I was told that any FCC money had to be spent online prior to the cruise. I even tried purchasing multiples of OBC credit with the FCC, but was told that was the ONE THING it couldn't be used for. Go figure.

Since rebooking and getting a FCC for our upcoming cruise in October, I was told by someone at MSC corporate that they've made a change to that policy and you don't have to use your FCC online in advance of your cruise, you can now use FCC onboard just like it's OBC. This makes me a little nervous, because depending on who you talk to at MSC, things seem to change.

About a week ago I tried purchasing an excursion for our day in Nassau. It gave me no option for paying with any type of credit that we have. No way am I paying out of pocket for an excursion in Nassau. Been there many times. If we didn't have all the credit, we'd be happy to stay on board. Same with Ocho Rios. We're also in YC, so our internet's covered. Diamond, so we get a complimentary specialty restaurant lunch or dinner. I can always find things to purchase on board. What I really need to do is confirm again that the FCC can be used on board like OBC. It would be pretty typical of the last year and a half to finally get on board and be told we only have the $200. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jules815 said:

This is where it gets a little tricky. We have 2 types of credit coming our way. Over $400 in credit from a FCC, and also another $200 in OBC that was part of the promotion for our current booking. 

Before our last cruise that was canceled (should have sailed in April 2021), we had a FCC from the October 2020 cruise that was canceled. Before the April 21 cruise was canceled, I was told that any FCC money had to be spent online prior to the cruise. I even tried purchasing multiples of OBC credit with the FCC, but was told that was the ONE THING it couldn't be used for. Go figure.

Since rebooking and getting a FCC for our upcoming cruise in October, I was told by someone at MSC corporate that they've made a change to that policy and you don't have to use your FCC online in advance of your cruise, you can now use FCC onboard just like it's OBC. This makes me a little nervous, because depending on who you talk to at MSC, things seem to change.

About a week ago I tried purchasing an excursion for our day in Nassau. It gave me no option for paying with any type of credit that we have. No way am I paying out of pocket for an excursion in Nassau. Been there many times. If we didn't have all the credit, we'd be happy to stay on board. Same with Ocho Rios. We're also in YC, so our internet's covered. Diamond, so we get a complimentary specialty restaurant lunch or dinner. I can always find things to purchase on board. What I really need to do is confirm again that the FCC can be used on board like OBC. It would be pretty typical of the last year and a half to finally get on board and be told we only have the $200. 

So, ASAP, you need to know if FCC will work like OBC, so you won't be SOL.

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

However  according to twangster " For a 3 night cruise I learned MSC doesn't offer drink packages for pre-purchase and I wasn't sure I was going to bite but in the heat of the excitement of being back on a ship I caved and bought the easy package for $32 per day plus service fees. 

According to my calculator:  "$32x1.15=$36.80 x 4(night cruise)=$147.20".  Today's pre-cruise price is $154.  Ergo, better to buy on-board.

Edited by Tagsalong

4 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

No idea what the 1.18 is.  $32 x 4 = $128 + 15%= $147.20

Fixed while you were typing so you can see my number is the same as yours.

1.18 (ie 18%) is the Royal Caribbean service charge of which I am more used to.

Edited by Tagsalong