Few ship excursions in Dominica

M&M cruiseaholics

If you are in relatively decent shape and like to be in the water, I would recommend the Roseau Valley Treasures tour with Bumpiing Tours.  I've done it twice and loved it.  I think their website is down right now, but here is a link to their review page.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147282-d1545060-Reviews-Bumpiing_Tours-Roseau_Saint_George_Parish_Dominica.html

Edited by o-state girl
spelling error

I picked up an open air bus tour up into the mountain right in town. It was inexpensive, maybe $20 - $25.  They were just down by the vendor tents. They had wandering salesmen trying to fill the bus, or you could just walk up and get on. 

It was a very nice trip. A woman narrated and answered questions the entire way, adding some personal anecdotes about hurricane survival, etc.

We made a couple scenic stops - waterfalls and so on. It is stunningly beautiful up there, and so cool as you get above sea level and into the rain forest.

It was around 3 hours as I recall, and definitely time well spent.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 5:04 PM, Brickwood said:

We also used Bumping tours a few years ago and it was a great tour.  You might try emailing levibaron@bumpingtours.com

I tried twice to email Levi but both times the email was undeliverable.  Website not found.  Wondering if he's out of business. 

On 8/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

I picked up an open air bus tour up into the mountain right in town. It was inexpensive, maybe $20 - $25.  They were just down by the vendor tents. They had wandering salesmen trying to fill the bus, or you could just walk up and get on. 

It was a very nice trip. A woman narrated and answered questions the entire way, adding some personal anecdotes about hurricane survival, etc.

We made a couple scenic stops - waterfalls and so on. It is stunningly beautiful up there, and so cool as you get above sea level and into the rain forest.

Was this during the last few months, or pre Covid? Sounds like what I am looking for later this year. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

On 9/7/2021 at 8:53 PM, NWHairGal said:

I tried twice to email Levi but both times the email was undeliverable.  Website not found.  Wondering if he's out of business. 

I’ve emailed him twice (including last weekend) with no reply for my December cruise.  I’d welcome other recommendation of your operators. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/11/2021 at 9:17 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

That sounds good, but would be a long time for me without restrooms.  Did you stop anywhere that had restrooms, or if we take a taxi where there bars up that way with facilities?

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2021 at 5:55 PM, EatonDoolittle said:

It was pre-Covid, but I'll be there again in Dec of this year, and will report back. 

It was open air (but covered), so it would be safer than a regular tourist van. 

Have you been to Dominics yet this month? Still looking for an excursion for January.