Contact tracing

basenji56

7 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

Do any of the Celebrity ships use the contact tracing technology at this time?  

Someone on here posted a picture of the thing you wear for contact tracing you just can’t wear in pool. It’s a long review but there is a picture…

I think I rememb

10 minutes ago, Cg52 said:

Someone on here posted a picture of the thing you wear for contact tracing you just can’t wear in pool. It’s a long review but there is a picture…

Thanks for posting.  I may have seen that before.  That's on Equinox.  

I am sailing on Edge next month.  Haven't seen any contact tracing on Edge.  If they start it, I think I will be sure to always sit alone and not go on any bus excursions.  Too risky to be registered as being close to someone who tests positive (even though we are all vaccinated).

2 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I think I rememb

I am sailing on Edge next month.  Haven't seen any contact tracing on Edge.  If they start it, I think I will be sure to always sit alone and not go on any bus excursions.  Too risky to be registered as being close to someone who tests positive (even though we are all vaccinated).

That’s interesting. I would have thought it was a fleet wide thing. I’ll have to watch for responses from those that have sailed recently.

9 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Edge is still fully capable of contract tracing. They apparently have video surveillance that makes it possible without having passengers wear the Tracelets that are being used on Summit and Equinox. 

Interesting.  I will have to be sure to avoid getting close to anyone. What a fun cruise vacation.

32 minutes ago, basenji56 said:

I think I rememb

Even without bracelets there's a fair amount of contact tracing they can do. If you go on any shore excursions and someone on the excursion tests positive, they will know. They know where everyone sits in the dining room so if someone at a table next to yours tests positive, they will know. Shoot, if you are at a bar and they ring up your order at 5:48 and someone else has an order that rings up at 5:49, they will know.