Shore excursions disappearing from booking

Rrehfe4969@aol.com

Went on my booking page and was looking at booked excursions for our cruise September 20th from Amsterdam to Venice and noticed one of our paid excursions was missing. Oceania cancelled our cinque terre 9 hour excursion without even telling us and now do not even show one being offered for October 10th and to top it off no credit returned for the two excursions for my wife and me. I guess I would not have found out until the date of excursion if I had not be diligent. Anyone else lose an excursion this way?  If you are going to cancel how about a heads up. E mail or text would seem appropriate. 

ticked off 

Richard rehfeldt 

Not yet. Want to vent on line today and calm down before actually speaking to some one at Oceania. There is probably a good reason they cancelled the excursion but would have expected an e mail to everyone who had booked it advising us to make alternative plans if we wanted to visit cinque terre and to give us the credit back. 
Richard 

Memory is lagging here. I might easily be wrong, but I thought that if a paid excursion got canceled, the funds went on your ship board account and weren’t refunded, if required, until the end of the cruise. I’m not even sure it’ll show up as onboard credits until after you get on the ship.

I won’t guess on the reasons, several come to mind. Europe, like the US, is struggling with a worker shortage. How many ships are in the area and who made the reservations first? Are you promising them 50 tours or 5 during the season?

28 minutes ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Not yet. Want to vent on line today and calm down before actually speaking to some one at Oceania. There is probably a good reason they cancelled the excursion but would have expected an e mail to everyone who had booked it advising us to make alternative plans if we wanted to visit cinque terre and to give us the credit back. 
Richard 

I am seeing it online  in the excursions  

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/grand-voyage-cruises/amsterdam-to-venice-MNA210920A/port-florence-LRN/?voyageday=22#all

4 hours ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

If you go into your booking and then go to manage booking and go to purchase shore excursions and go to October 10th there is no cinque terre excursion as I just checked again this minute. 

Thanks

since I do not have a booking on that cruise   I can only see what was offered on the  cruise page 

I would just call & inquire what happened 

JMO

23 minutes ago, jeno said:

If it’s full, does it disappear or does it always show as full? 

I am now on line with my O agent, she sent me my invoice and it shows up on that...but it is not listed on the full listing of excursions available.  Still in discussion...

I doubt that it filled up on all Marina sailings...

We’ve had tours disappear from our scheduled January cruise also. My TA was told that O was having difficulty confirming the availability of the tours with the hosts. Oceania didn’t want to keep selling tours that might not go. Large group visits to homes, farms, or other smaller venues are still highly problematic.

• Like 1

We have a March 2022 booking on Regatta.  When I log in, it shows that in 2 ports there are no excursions listed to book.  My guess is that Oceania is having trouble securing shore excursion vendors.  Pre-pandemic in my experience, 7 months out there would be shore excursions available in every port.  I will keep checking it but I trust that Oceania is doing everything they can to secure vendors.

2 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

We have a March 2022 booking on Regatta.  When I log in, it shows that in 2 ports there are no excursions listed to book.  My guess is that Oceania is having trouble securing shore excursion vendors.  Pre-pandemic in my experience, 7 months out there would be shore excursions available in every port.  I will keep checking it but I trust that Oceania is doing everything they can to secure vendors.

Have you checked the same ports on earlier sailing?

Sometimes the excursions  are out later  & maybe more now post covid

Things are changing daily  in some Countries

JMO

18 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Have you checked the same ports on earlier sailing?

Sometimes the excursions  are out later  & maybe more now post covid

Things are changing daily  in some Countries

JMO

Can't check it unless you're booked on that cruise. On the cruise before mine, there is a list of potential excursions but no prices which is most likely an indication they are not taking bookings.  The same is true for the cruise I'm on. When I log in, the ports are "greyed out". Nothing can be booked.

1 minute ago, sunlover12 said:

Can't check it unless you're booked on that cruise. On the cruise before mine, there is a list of potential excursions but no prices which is most likely an indication they are not taking bookings.  The same is true for the cruise I'm on. When I log in, the ports are "greyed out". Nothing can be booked.

Early days 

just keep checking  as you are doing 

JMO

We received an email from our TA earlier today that showed changes to our Oceania booking.  When we called and asked her what had changed, she did her very best, unintentional Valley-girl accent and said, "I dunno'." 🤪

After reviewing the statement, we found that the Cinque Terre "On Your Own" excursion had been eliminated.  We'll have to check to see our on-board-credits account has been properly credited.

3 hours ago, Cliff-FLL said:

After reviewing the statement, we found that the Cinque Terre "On Your Own" excursion had been eliminated.  We'll have to check to see our on-board-credits account has been properly credited.

Maybe Italy is only allowing  ships tours  for the foreseeable

Oceania confirmed that cinque terre on October 10 has been cancelled. No explanation and no comment on why they do not notify us when they cancel. Have booked a winery visit and tasting with Oceania that is offered by food and wine trails. Have done these before and are really good but had our heart on cinque terre

richard and Kim 

42 minutes ago, Rrehfe4969@aol.com said:

Oceania confirmed that cinque terre on October 10 has been cancelled. No explanation and no comment on why they do not notify us when they cancel. Have booked a winery visit and tasting with Oceania that is offered by food and wine trails. Have done these before and are really good but had our heart on cinque terre

richard and Kim 

How were you notified? We are booked for Nov 15 for "cinque Terra on your own".  

As of yesterday, O agent said it was still on, but had disappeared from the website.  Since we have been to Pisa and Lucca many times, and most of the museums in Florence are closed on the day we are in Livorno (of course), we are not sure what we will do, especially if they are nixing the "on your own" tours.