Can you get off early instead of the final debarkation port?

Hi Everyone,

Might sound like a strange question, but does anyone know if Regent would allow you to leave a cruise at an earlier port instead of the final debarkation port?  We are scheduled on a cruise that would end in Istanbul, but would prefer to get off in Athens to fly home.

TIA,

Heather

While we have never experienced this exact situation, have to believe Regent would accommodate such a request.   It benefits Regent.  Gets you out of your Suite early; for early refreshing for the next occupant(s).  We have, on two occasions, left a Regent ship early--the night of arrival at the LAST Port--for a trip to the local airport, rather than waiting for the next morning's debarkation.  Everything coordinated without hassle. Nice final dinner; then taxi waiting at the Dock.  

Recommend checking this out by:  Calling Regent directly; "floating" this possibility to your Travel Agent (hopefully someone with actual experience sailing on Regent ships); and/or both.  

GOARMY!

I did it several years ago on Azamara. We got off early at the next to last stop, La Spezia, as we wanted to spend some extra time in Cinque Terre there rather than continuing on to Rome and then go back to Cinque Terre.

The one thing I learned is that leaving early takes a lot of coordination between the home office, the ship's front office, the local port agent and customs & immigration. We unfortunately experienced poor communication; and it took a threat of legal action at the last minute to get everything coordinated. Our documentation saved us.

View leaving early as if you arrived by private plane and had to clear C&I. Someone from C&I will have to meet you when you get off and maybe inspect your luggage. This all takes coordination and involves the local port agent.

Bottom line is to keep all written communications and, once on board, continually confirm with the ship's hotel staff.

22 hours ago, Dwtlion said:

The one thing I learned is that leaving early takes a lot of coordination between the home office, the ship's front office, the local port agent and customs & immigration.

Bottom line is to keep all written communications and, once on board, continually confirm with the ship's hotel staff.

These are important points.  Start the process early, before you leave home.  We've left the ship early a couple of times, once in Shanghai and another time in St. Kitts.  It can definitely be done, just make sure to arrange it all in advance.

Reference my #3 Posting, above--

Should have emphasized the importance of prior coordination.  We had arranged our independent air segment(s) from that final Port back to residence beginning almost a year previous to embarkation with our TA AND Regent.  Our TA, with significant history w/Regent, had initially suggested this procedure.  Avoid the long-wait the next morning.  Get to the Airport--for a Red Eye flight (which we would have experienced in any event) back to the USA; for final transfer to SEATAC.   

Upon embarkation on either Mariner or Explorer, a Note was in our Suite to contact the Front Desk as to our "Itinerary".  Immediate visit to Front Desk.  The Attendant wanted to "confirm" we would be departing the night before the rest of the guests.  Yes.  This certainly indicated coordination by all elements.  None-the-less:  Continued to check-in once or twice during that particular cruise with Front Desk.  One never knows.  No glitches.  Seamless transfer(s).  

BTW:  On each occasion, there were three or four other couples who opted for the same early exit.  They had taken separate taxis from ship to Airport.  Met them at that Airport's Lounge as we awaited boarding. 

Stay safe.  

GOARMY!