Jade from Athens.

ashtree

48 minutes ago, ashtree said:

Hi , with the 11pm departure time from Athens what time can you get on board, planning transfer from hotel and never had such a late departure.

thanks all.

The earliest checkin time you can pick is around noon.

2 hours ago, ashtree said:

Hi , with the 11pm departure time from Athens what time can you get on board, planning transfer from hotel and never had such a late departure.

thanks all.

Two weeks ago on our 25 July Jade cruise, the earliest selectable check in time was 10.00 and I believe the latest was 19.00.

• Like 1

ncl insists that you are on board the ship at least 2 hrs prior to sailing. in your case this is 5 p.m.

we usually try and get on board between 11 & 12 p.m.

in your case i would suggest around 2 so it gives you time to settle into your cabin, get somewhat familiar with the vessel, and just to be able to unwind. also, i would imagine some of the check in line would have gone down by then.

also, if  you stayed in athens prior to departure, it would depend on hotel check out time. if check out is between 11 and 12, and i didnt want to drag around my luggage, i would head directly to the ship.

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

ncl insists that you are on board the ship at least 2 hrs prior to sailing. in your case this is 5 p.m.

we usually try and get on board between 11 & 12 p.m.

in your case i would suggest around 2 so it gives you time to settle into your cabin, get somewhat familiar with the vessel, and just to be able to unwind. also, i would imagine some of the check in line would have gone down by then.

also, if  you stayed in athens prior to departure, it would depend on hotel check out time. if check out is between 11 and 12, and i didnt want to drag around my luggage, i would head directly to the ship.

Ho Comp, have you seen the fires in Greece? It’s a disaster zone, keep your eye on it

43 minutes ago, Trimone said:

Ho Comp, have you seen the fires in Greece? It’s a disaster zone, keep your eye on it

not only have i seen the fires, we're scheduled on the getaway from athens nov 24th and the sstate dept has issued a do not travel to greece.

also, there are 2 scheduled ports in israel which was my primary reason for booking this cruise. currently israel isnt letting anyone in.

this will probably be the 7th cruise i have needed to cancel since march 2020

4 minutes ago, complawyer said:

not only have i seen the fires, we're scheduled on the getaway from athens nov 24th and the sstate dept has issued a do not travel to greece.

also, there are 2 scheduled ports in israel which was my primary reason for booking this cruise. currently israel isnt letting anyone in.

this will probably be the 7th cruise i have needed to cancel since march 2020

We’re hoping to get to the states soon to visit family, it’s a disaster everywhere, I’m praying for September 5th epic out of Barcelona ?

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

They haven't cancelled yet despite the fires and State Dept warning so I guess they are not going to cancel unless absolutely forced to by a firm travel ban 

you're absolutely right, and my wife is really pushing to cancel. her immune system,while not completely out of whack, is slightly compromised and is worried about covid either on the ship or athens.

me, when it comes to cruising im  the eternal optimist.  but i'll probably cancel 

Hi . I am from the UK and have been all over this and other cruises around Europe.  From a personal point of view I am on 5th Sept sailing and there is nothing that will stop me making this cruise.  

I appreciate people's concerns  about covid and if you are apprehensive then probably best not to go . But everything has been done to ensure safety from covid . You are safer onboard than on land as at least you know everyone around is double vaccinated.  As long as you do the right things you should be OK.  

As for the fires . None are where the ship sails to . Olympa was cancelled on 1 cruise but they are back there now. They are on top of the other fires my guess is within a week  you won't here of them . 

Hope you decide to travel but if not keep safe 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Davevics25 said:

Hi . I am from the UK and have been all over this and other cruises around Europe.  From a personal point of view I am on 5th Sept sailing and there is nothing that will stop me making this cruise.  

I appreciate people's concerns  about covid and if you are apprehensive then probably best not to go . But everything has been done to ensure safety from covid . You are safer onboard than on land as at least you know everyone around is double vaccinated.  As long as you do the right things you should be OK.  

As for the fires . None are where the ship sails to . Olympa was cancelled on 1 cruise but they are back there now. They are on top of the other fires my guess is within a week  you won't here of them . 

we are the week after you, also from UK and unless Greece goes red or NCL cancel we will be there.  We spent a week in Crete last September and felt much safer there than at home.  Everything is crossed, we cant wait 🙂

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Trimone said:

We’re hoping to get to the states soon to visit family, it’s a disaster everywhere, I’m praying for September 5th epic out of Barcelona ?

We need to get to the US in early October, our original backup was to spend two weeks in Mexico to make us eligible, now Mexico is on our red list it might be two weeks in Canada as they open to the us in early September. How can to trust anything to stay stable?

It's a nightmare, there is now talk in the EU that they may close US entry, officially because Covid has exceeded the allowed threshold but in reality, because the US has not reciprocated in opening up.

Yesterday it was reported this will not happen this week but will be reviewed in 2 weeks.... Sounds like cat and mouse to me! - LINK

If you have taken the vax what more is there? This is as good as it gets! If the world can't open to the vaccinated there is no backup plan.

In my opinion the world need to unite and open to the vaccinated, there is nothing else to wait or hope for. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

We need to get to the US in early October, our original backup was to spend two weeks in Mexico to make us eligible, now Mexico is on our red list it might be two weeks in Canada as they open to the us in early September. How can to trust anything to stay stable?

It's a nightmare, there is now talk in the EU that they may close US entry, officially because Covid has exceeded the allowed threshold but in reality, because the US has not reciprocated in opening up.

Yesterday it was reported this will not happen this week but will be reviewed in 2 weeks.... Sounds like cat and mouse to me! - LINK

If you have taken the vax what more is there? This is as good as it gets! If the world can't open to the vaccinated there is no backup plan.

In my opinion the world need to unite and open to the vaccinated, there is nothing else to wait or hope for. 

We were hoping for late September early October to Maine with believe it or not an American citizen?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trimone said:

We were hoping for late September early October to Maine with believe it or not an American citizen?

I literally study the situation daily and it's looking less likely the US will open up before the end of the year, latest reports are betting on November.

We have a week on the Encore in October, we would normally have spent a week in the Seattle area before the cruise but will probably have to spend 2 weeks in Canada now, a 3 week holiday is a bit long but we are determined and if two weeks in Canada is what it takes, so be it.

You may have to consider something similar as a back up. Problem is, it changes with the wind.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2021 at 9:08 AM, Davevics25 said:

I totally agree with you. If people are apprehensive about Covid, it's better not to go. NCL seems to be doing whatever they can to ensure safety of passengers and the crew. 

Re. fires, it's terrible what is happening, but it's also nothing new in Europe which is going through it every summer and like you said, in a week or so it will be all over. And the fact that NCL hasn't cancelled any of their cruises yet due to fires, means it hasn't really affected them. 

BTW, I'm sailing on 12th of Sep, so right after you. I'm mentally prepared for last minute itinerary changes due to restrictions etc or even cancellation of the cruise if Greece decides to pull the plug at some stage. But I'm also hopeful it will all go ahead as planned.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, sicness4x4 said:

Two weeks ago on our 25 July Jade cruise, the earliest selectable check in time was 10.00 and I believe the latest was 19.00.

This is the information I have been seeking, thank you.  I want to spend some time in Athens on the day of departure and now see I can check-in much later in the afternoon.