Wifi question browse pkg

ddlb

I plan on using messenger to contact my husband at home while on the Divina cruise using the wifi pkg. 

I was wondering if anyone knows if the app Pinger works for wifi calling with the browse 1 device pkg?

Thanks for any responses. 

Thanks. I guess I should be able to text using the Pinger app just not make the phone calls then. I’m a little confused if it opens the apps and they just don’t work or what regarding the streaming requirements. 

MSC seems very friendly towards WhatsApp, at one point mentioning them by name in the internet package descriptions.  Using that app I've had very good success making voice calls, VOIP, with just the basic package.  Texting with WhatsApp has always been no problem.

13 hours ago, crbonfiber said:

I had the browse pack and I could not make wifi calls. They told me I need stream. I was on Merg.

This was not my experience. At first it did not work for wifi calls and they said she thing. I changed some settings, turn off volte switch and wifi calling worked. I'm 100 percent sure I had cheapest package , made many wifi calls, and did not get billed in my cell phone account.  Don't forget to turn off data roaming and wifi calling only, not preferred. I was on mergavila Aug 2.

Edited by thepla
Added mergavila comment at end

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I will be cruising in September on the MSC Seaside in Yacht Club. In the details of my booking, it is written that 2 devices Browse Internet Package is included. Does anyone know if I can upgrade the package to the "Browse and Stream" by paying the difference between Browse and Browse and Stream pkg ?

I will create a specific new topic to share my WiFi experience aboard MSC Seaside once I will be on the ship!

Kind regards

Edited by LeCommandant

3 hours ago, LeCommandant said:

Hi all,

I will be cruising in September on the MSC Seaside in Yacht Club. In the details of my booking, it is written that 2 devices Browse Internet Package is included. Does anyone know if I can upgrade the package to the "Browse and Stream" by paying the difference between Browse and Browse and Stream pkg ?

I will create a specific new topic to share my WiFi experience aboard MSC Seaside once I will be on the ship!

Kind regards

I think you can upgrade to more devices or better package. The first I'm sure, the second almost.

By the way, in Yatch it is 2 devices for each passenger, and it remembers the device, so you can't logout with one device and login with another.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elbarney said:

I think you can upgrade to more devices or better package. The first I'm sure, the second almost.

By the way, in Yatch it is 2 devices for each passenger, and it remembers the device, so you can't logout with one device and login with another.

Oh great, I thought it was only 2 devices per suite. Much better than in 2017 when none package was included.