Canary Islands and Morocco

tedub16

We have cruised on Norwegian (Alaska) and Celebrity (Mexico) and we are scheduled to be on the Western Mediterranean cruise in April with Regent that will include the Canary Islands and Morocco. For those of you that have been on this cruise, are there specific excursions that you would recommend? I appreciate your input.

I assume you will be in Tangier in Morocco.  We did a walking tour of Tangier that was fabulous. It was a group of 6 or 8 or so as I remember.  We were on a TA on Oceania Riviera, and Oceania's ship-arranged tours are outrageously expensive, so one of the passengers arranged this tour privately.  Since we didn't arrange the tour, unfortunately I can't give you better information than that.

21 hours ago, tedub16 said:

We have cruised on Norwegian (Alaska) and Celebrity (Mexico) and we are scheduled to be on the Western Mediterranean cruise in April with Regent that will include the Canary Islands and Morocco. For those of you that have been on this cruise, are there specific excursions that you would recommend? I appreciate your input.

Will be following for answers, as we are going to those cities in October 2022.

Edited by Boats07
missed reply

2 hours ago, Johnthesailor said:

Canary Islands - go on the camel ride.  You are in baskets on the side of the camel and it is fun. When we went, there was also a full bus of crew and they had a great time.  It was very unique for us and for them.  I also second the volcanic features.

Agree with that. Just to make it clear, this is on Lanzarote, Timanfaya National Park.

35 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

We are booked on the October 11 "Glories of Spain" cruise. Is that the one you are on?

Carol, Yes we are on "Glories of Spain" but we are on for 22 days.  "Glories of Spain" and "Mediterranean Autumn" that the 22 day portion that is called "Spanish Marvels & Venetian Dreams".  Hope that makes sense.  

(Barcelona 10/11/22 to Barcelona 10/23/22 to Venice 11/2/22)

This will be our first actual cruise with Regent, we have had three cancelled cruises due to Covid.