Vista restaurants revealed

Beagle5

Apologies I tried to delete my thread but could not figure out how.  I was going to say that here in the DFW area we have Del Frisco's Grilles.  These are a more casual version of their Steakhouses.  When I first saw the pics and menu for Ember I had the feeling this is more like the vibe Oceania might be going for.  I apologize that I cannot seem to paste in their menu but you could easily google. We like both restaurants and are not always in the mood to spend over $100 per person at the steakhouse.  Grille is still upscale but much cheaper (generally,) with a more airy, modern vibe.

And this is an example where serving hamburgers is not comparable to McDonalds and Ember Mac and cheese has lobster in it and the Fish and chips is using Chilean sea bass.  We very much enjoyed Jacques on Riviera and lament its removal on the new ships but knowing Oceanias commitment to food, I think this can be a nice venue just a different taste than Jacques.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, CruiseLibra said:

The Vista GDR menu appears to have incorporated selected Jacques options into their dinner menu. Time will tell if the selections will rotate daily. This is definitely an interesting option for those who love Jacques.  https://www.oceaniacruises.com/sites/default/files/2023-04/grand-dinning-dinner-sample.pdf

Honestly that GDR menu looks great to me.  More options than we saw on Riviera in January.  But we also did have Jacques selections and the chicken was wonderful.

I spent yesterday afternoon reading about all the restaurants on Vista. Will be on board in October. If i do nothing else but eat the entire cruise it will be fabulous!! 🙂 So many yummy items!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

I spent yesterday afternoon reading about all the restaurants on Vista. Will be on board in October. If i do nothing else but eat the entire cruise it will be fabulous!! 🙂 So many yummy items!! 

By October the reviews will be in.
We are in for 12 days in May. 4 restaurants reserved. GDR multiple times. Yum. Must have excursions and activities before 6 each day. Then can eat. And, if it’s your want, all the new drinks they’ve added. And don’t forget the new bakery and enhanced tea time. As they say, it’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

By October the reviews will be in.
We are in for 12 days in May. 4 restaurants reserved. GDR multiple times. Yum. Must have excursions and activities before 6 each day. Then can eat. And, if it’s your want, all the new drinks they’ve added. And don’t forget the new bakery and enhanced tea time. As they say, it’s a tough job but someone’s got to do it. 

My 4th is my BD!! Have a great time and please tell us all about the yummies!! 🙂

@ChadnKate

I think you were on Marina to South America in Dec/Jan with our friends and travel buddies Doug and Karen. We joined them in Buenos Aires around Antarctica to Santiago. It looks like you are on Vista October 16 when we will all be aboard again. Looking forward to cruising on Vista with you and Doug and Karen. 
Mauibabes

29 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

@ChadnKate

I think you were on Marina to South America in Dec/Jan with our friends and travel buddies Doug and Karen. We joined them in Buenos Aires around Antarctica to Santiago. It looks like you are on Vista October 16 when we will all be aboard again. Looking forward to cruising on Vista with you and Doug and Karen. 
Mauibabes

Yes we got off in Buenos Aires. We are on the London-NYC this year and on from Lisbon-Rome next year but get off Oct 16. Looks like we just warm up your spot on the ship. 😱