MSC current Covid rules (masks, leaving the ship etc.) - some questions

UniPac

Hi everyone!

I wonder about some certain questions regarding current MSC' rules in Europe, esp. on Seaview and Seashore if that makes any difference.

1. Are masks required in the gym during exercise?

2. I read that masks are required outdoors, except when you are at your sunbed. So what if I want to take a dip in the pool, do I have to wear the mask on the way from my sunbed to the pool (even if I am just few steps aways) and if so, where to put the mask then? Or do I have to wear a mask IN the pool?

3. Thermal/spa area - where do I have to wear the mask?

4. Leaving the ship - I know only MSC excursions are allowed. But is it possible to just leave the ship at the port area to take pictures of the ship itself?

I didn't find much on this on the MSC website and no current thread here.

Thanks in advance!

Ingo

Edited by UniPac

On 8/12/2021 at 3:39 PM, UniPac said:

4. Leaving the ship - I know only MSC excursions are allowed. But is it possible to just leave the ship at the port area to take pictures of the ship itself?

During the last 4-5 cruises of the Splendida at least in Croatian ports fully vaccinated people were allowed to leave the ship without booked excursion.

But depending on the route this might not be possible on Seaview and Seashore

1 hour ago, black forest said:

Unipac, are you really sure, that no masks are required outdoors? Would be lovely, but I can‘t believe that….

Yes, pretty much. Read some (german) reviews of guests cruising within EU in the last 1-2 weeks on Seaview. It is only RECOMMENDED outdoors when you can't keep social distance - hence the word RECOMMENDED.

So if you want to feel super save while outdoors - wear a FFP2 mask. If you want to enjoy your freedom - go commando 🙃

Sehe gerade, alles Deutsche hier - interessant! Ja, es kommt auf die Route an. Und TUI bietet ja auch immer mehr Cruises an, bei denen man auch selbst von Bord kann, MSC macht es nach. Ich hoffe, das setzt sich durch.

Die Info zu den Masken am Pooldeck usw. scheint wirklich zuverlässig zu sein. Ist für uns auch sehr wichtig! Geimpft, getestet und im Freien - da braucht es wirklich keine Maske mehr. Zumal es ja super kompliziert wäre, die Maske auf dem Weg von der Sonnenliege zum Pool aufzuhaben und dann irgendwo abzulegen für die Zeit im Pool?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruiseMH said:

During the last 4-5 cruises of the Splendida at least in Croatian ports fully vaccinated people were allowed to leave the ship without booked excursion.

But depending on the route this might not be possible on Seaview and Seashore

I just started following a Splendida group online of mostly Germans, and they said the same thing. At present only Italian and Greek ports are requiring MSC-only excursions, Split and Dubrovnik aren't.

4 minutes ago, UniPac said:

Sehe gerade, alles Deutsche hier - interessant! Ja, es kommt auf die Route an. Und TUI bietet ja auch immer mehr Cruises an, bei denen man auch selbst von Bord kann, MSC macht es nach. Ich hoffe, das setzt sich durch.

Die Info zu den Masken am Pooldeck usw. scheint wirklich zuverlässig zu sein. Ist für uns auch sehr wichtig! Geimpft, getestet und im Freien - da braucht es wirklich keine Maske mehr. Zumal es ja super kompliziert wäre, die Maske auf dem Weg von der Sonnenliege zum Pool aufzuhaben und dann irgendwo abzulegen für die Zeit im Pool?!

Ausgezeichnet! Genau was ich gehofft hatte.

• Like 1