Do I need to call carnival and link two bookings for a B2B?

2 minutes ago, sgttami said:

Why would you need to link the bookings?

They're 2 separate cruises with different folio numbers

Curious....what is there to "link."

Linking the bookings ensures the staff on the ship knows who is  staying on board for the next cruise. They have a list of all of the b2b passengers, and everyone meets to have their passports checked and receive their new sign and sail cards. Usually everyone walks off as a group, waves at Customs, and walks back on. Since we cruise at the end of September we will also be tested for COVID. In addition, we are changing cabins, so they will know to move our luggage from one cabin to the other.

Yes, you need to call Carnival to have the b2b linked if you booked them separately.  We just added a first leg of a b2b months after booking the 2nd leg and the Carnival rep specifically stated that she was linking the bookings in the system.  We’re staying in the same cabin both legs too.

Edited by vacruisin

Well, I guess you got your answer...LOL

I have been sailing solo B2B’s and B3B’s with Carnival since 2010, and the only time I called to link was in 2019, when I was going from one level to another during the 2nd leg. They honored that move on the first leg.

I have never had any issue with them knowing I was booked on more than one leg, and have always received a letter in my cabin before the next leg giving me instructions on what to do.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, crzndeb said:

Well, I guess you got your answer...LOL

I have been sailing solo B2B’s and B3B’s with Carnival since 2010, and the only time I called to link was in 2019, when I was going from one level to another during the 2nd leg. They honored that move on the first leg.

I have never had any issue with them knowing I was booked on more than one leg, and have always received a letter in my cabin before the next leg giving me instructions on what to do.

Just asked a friend who did 4 B2B in 2018 and booked all 4 weeks at once and was in the same cabin for all of them.  At the end of each week there was a letter advising what to do for the next leg. He turned Diamond on the second week but it was honored on Day one.  He never called anyone.  It was all booked online.  On one of the weeks there was a small group that were staying on  and they got off  and back on together and had photos and champagne in the atrium.

Wish I had such problems....LOL 

I booked a B2B once(16 day total) but had to cancel. One of these days it will be!