Italy: all things food and wine-related

cruisemom42

Has anyone done the cooking class at Roscioli?  I have booked it and just curious if anyone has done this.  It’s from 12-3 and we make three types of pasta, meatballs and a few other things.  We will be doing it the end of June so just interested in any comments.

11 minutes ago, desibee said:

Anyone have recommendations for lunch near the Piazza di Santa Croce?

In which city?  There's more than one Piazza di Santa Croce in Italy.

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

In which city?  There's more than one Piazza di Santa Croce in Italy.

Ah, sorry!  In Florence.

Edited by desibee

Restaurants in Vernazza - Cinqueterre

The Gambero Rosso magazine just published its choice of restaurants in Vernazza. 

The following stand out and are located by the port:

Belforte - via Guidoni, 42 - 0187 812222 - ristorantebelforte.it

Gianni Franzi - piazza Marconi, 1 - 0187 812228 - giannifranzi.it

Luca - piazza Marconi, 16 - 0187 812113 - ristorantelucavernazza.it

Pippo a Vernazza - via Gavino, 28 - 392 0499564 - pippoavernazza.com

The websites all have an English version. 

Here is the whole article.  Use google translate.

https://www.gamberorosso.it/notizie/notizie-ristoranti/dove-mangiare-vernazza-ristoranti/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I do not want to do an organized food tour but would rather do one on our own on the day we land in Rome. This is a return trip for us and we saw a lot of the main sites the last time we were there but I didn't feel like we got to try the street foods. We did a food and wine pairing at Rosciolis and went to Emma, also hit the Rosciolis Bakery and the Gelato place that is almost right next door as we stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo. We are staying there again.

I would love to try a Fried Artichoke, Trappazino (sp?), Porchetta, Suppli, some good tiramisu, maybe a good pizza and pasta place that isn't fancy to end the day.  What else? 

What are the best places without having to walk for miles. Or any suggestions? Not looking for fancy just want to sample some good foods and beverages. Thank you in advance. 

24 minutes ago, Choozin Croozin said:

I do not want to do an organized food tour but would rather do one on our own on the day we land in Rome. This is a return trip for us and we saw a lot of the main sites the last time we were there but I didn't feel like we got to try the street foods. We did a food and wine pairing at Rosciolis and went to Emma, also hit the Rosciolis Bakery and the Gelato place that is almost right next door as we stayed at the Hotel Smeraldo. We are staying there again.

I would love to try a Fried Artichoke, Trappazino (sp?), Porchetta, Suppli, some good tiramisu, maybe a good pizza and pasta place that isn't fancy to end the day.  What else? 

What are the best places without having to walk for miles. Or any suggestions? Not looking for fancy just want to sample some good foods and beverages. Thank you in advance. 

Porchetta - L'antica Salumeria, Piazza della Rotonda (Pantheon).

Carciofi alla Giudia - several restaurants, like BaGhetto, on the Via del Portico d'Ottavia.

Pizza - Amerina, Emma

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Seafood takeout by the Pantheon

A  new seafood take out shop will open just a few steps from the Pantheon.  It is Street Fish, the new offering of the chef of the nearby seafood Trattoria La Rosetta.  It will be offering seafood and fish sandwiches on "rosetta," a round roll for about €10.  Street Fish will open July 3 and close August 11 for vacation (of course). It will reopen in September.

It is not on Google maps yet, but from the description, I think it will be next to L'Antica Salumeria and across the piazza from the Albergo del Senato.

Here is the article describing it:

https://www.gamberorosso.it/notizie/notizie-ristoranti/street-food-pesce-pantheon-roma/

Edited by marazul
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3