Anyone know what capacity ships are sailing?

con3

52 minutes ago, con3 said:

We are sailing on the Horizon tomorrow!! So excited. I am wondering how full it will be. I assume there has been alot of cancelations with the new testing and madk policy.

If you find out the percentage please let us know. Have Sept sailing booked

• Like 1

We had about 2,800 on the August 1st sailing, sailing right around 70% capacity. It was very noticeable onboard, plenty of space for everything and no lines. I think capacity is based on double occupancy, with even fewer children onboard it felt more like 50% to 60% capacity.

Just off the Breeze yesterday.  I never heard a percentage given, but you could definitely tell all over the ship that it had to be 70% or less.  I never waited in line behind more than 2 people and most of the time just walked up to the counter. Never waited long for elevators, empty lounge chairs, etc

I’ll just throw in that boarding and getting off was incredibly fast.  Almost everything is facial recognition, especially debarking.  I’m old and could hardly keep up with how fast everyone was moving, lol! I was in the car across the street at Galveston Park and Cruise in 15 minutes, trying to catch my breath, lol.

On 8/14/2021 at 8:11 AM, ledges1 said:

The Vista reported 2895 passengers and reported capacity is 3934. That is 73.5%.

Many types of capacity. Double capacity, all cabins booked with 2 pax, full capacity all cabins booked what they hold. Carnival typically sails well over 100% double capacity, especially during the summer. So if typically 113%, this is enough lower to be noticed.. just really depends which capacity you use. 

Carnival used to book as many families as possible onto each ship .. just saying thinking ok you figure 73% so down 27% .. it's way more down from normal. 

Rcl has smaller cabins so people tend to book more cabins if families. Rcl has more connecting smaller cabins imo than carnival.

Hard to compare so its apples to apples imo. People used to ask all the time how it says carnival sails at over 100%. By booking families into one cabin, easy. ..

5 hours ago, Border Granny said:

Just off the Breeze yesterday.  I never heard a percentage given, but you could definitely tell all over the ship that it had to be 70% or less.  I never waited in line behind more than 2 people and most of the time just walked up to the counter. Never waited long for elevators, empty lounge chairs, etc

I’ll just throw in that boarding and getting off was incredibly fast.  Almost everything is facial recognition, especially debarking.  I’m old and could hardly keep up with how fast everyone was moving, lol! I was in the car across the street at Galveston Park and Cruise in 15 minutes, trying to catch my breath, lol.

How do they do facial recognition when people are masked?

7 minutes ago, Cruise Related said:

They literally told us to remove our mask before standing in front of the screen. 

Us too.  Then you walk right off and bypass the lines at customs if you traveled with a passport instead of birth certificate!😀

I'm just glad they're sailing at all, with paying customers

and staying alive while they make some money for a change!

Consumers forget that cruise lines didn't make much in 2020

and were borrowing like mad, to stay afloat.
Fingers crossed that this continues -without any big Covid Drama!

NO POLIO.jpg

• Like 1