Harmony of the Seas

2 hours ago, turboless said:

Thanks for the info, and here was me hoping I would be the other end of the ship from my kids 😉

It makes sense though since the ship will be very much under capacity even during the autumn holiday season that they just put us next door or close to each other as they probably have plenty of space. 

Actually, if by any chance they don't it would probably be worth your while paying a visit to guest services and asking for a move.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Presumably they’d be carted off for a mandatory PCR test and, if positive, ten days of hotel quarantine.

Yes, you're probably right. It's something to think about if your time between disembarking and your flight home is somewhat tight. 

Harmony currently operates a dual embarkation mode per week. For those embarking in Rome, the RCI App will not work. Their IT knows the problem since several weeks with no solution in sight. All the nice App features are not available. For our 7 Oct b2b bookings RCI even deleted the sailing from the App. So be prepared to work with paper and QR codes onboard. Currently 1200 pax @ 1500 crew plus the Rome pax this Thursday

On 9/30/2021 at 10:59 AM, Twolittleboys said:

Could someone maybe also say how much the beverage package is if bought on the ship?

They had an offer on day 1 of buy one get one half price so once tax and gratuities added worked out about £850. We paid £730 at beginning of august

On 10/1/2021 at 12:51 PM, turboless said:

I believe every morning people get temperature checked by their room attendant or maybe that was on a US cruise?

We have 2 guaranteed cabins (2 adults and 2 teenagers) which could end up being on different decks, etc. and will probably swap around who stays in what rooms, when the temperature check takes place would we have to return to our official rooms or are the attendants just happy to say cabin 123 has been checked?

Temperature checks every morning by your cabin attendat. If they miss you they come again at night before your dinner

• Like 1

So we are back after an amazing relaxing cruise. Harmony is a beautiful ship and only having 1600 passengers onboard made it more chilled and easier to get seats in places. Daily temp checks by cabin attendant. Food in windjammer, main dining room and park cafe all excellent. Luis in the park cafe knew my breakfast muffin order every morning! We didn't do any speciality dining. Saw Celine Dion tribute, aqua show, four ever, ice show -all excellent and loved chilling with Vasi in the schooner bar - amazing  voice and very talented. We had great banter with her and such a laugh. All the bar staff were attentative and friendly especially the schooner staff, the lub staff and alsan by the pool - couldn't get all their names but all staff brilliant.  We ate in the main dining mainly because our wait staff were brilliant - noel (noah alexander) and savio - couldn't do enough for us. Entertainment staff were great at the quizzes,bingo and generally around ship - georgie you scrubbed up well in your suit 🤣. We had such a laugh with the photography team - were asked to go to a private shoot for an hour on first formal - there were some gorgeous photos and had such a laugh but have no space at home to display so decided against them. We didn't get off for a y excursions as done a lot before and just wanted to chill. Check in times at port good BUT would be better to have sectioned off queues with times as we arrived at the same time as 4 coaches with a huge party of russians and it was a bit of a free for a withno social distancing - felt that was the only thing that needed to be organised better as once through front door and security it was organised well. Top tip - don't rely on your internet or phone service - i couldn't get any since arriving in barcelona the day before and everything was onmy phone digitally - go old school and print off what you need beforehand. This week was just what we needed after the horrible 18 months that the world has had and me catching covid and only coming out of isolation just before we left.

20211004_160319.jpg

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, hummy0605 said:

So we are back after an amazing relaxing cruise. Harmony is a beautiful ship and only having 1600 passengers onboard made it more chilled and easier to get seats in places. Daily temp checks by cabin attendant. Food in windjammer, main dining room and park cafe all excellent. Luis in the park cafe knew my breakfast muffin order every morning! We didn't do any speciality dining. Saw Celine Dion tribute, aqua show, four ever, ice show -all excellent and loved chilling with Vasi in the schooner bar - amazing  voice and very talented. We had great banter with her and such a laugh. All the bar staff were attentative and friendly especially the schooner staff, the lub staff and alsan by the pool - couldn't get all their names but all staff brilliant.  We ate in the main dining mainly because our wait staff were brilliant - noel (noah alexander) and savio - couldn't do enough for us. Entertainment staff were great at the quizzes,bingo and generally around ship - georgie you scrubbed up well in your suit 🤣. We had such a laugh with the photography team - were asked to go to a private shoot for an hour on first formal - there were some gorgeous photos and had such a laugh but have no space at home to display so decided against them. We didn't get off for a y excursions as done a lot before and just wanted to chill. Check in times at port good BUT would be better to have sectioned off queues with times as we arrived at the same time as 4 coaches with a huge party of russians and it was a bit of a free for a withno social distancing - felt that was the only thing that needed to be organised better as once through front door and security it was organised well. Top tip - don't rely on your internet or phone service - i couldn't get any since arriving in barcelona the day before and everything was onmy phone digitally - go old school and print off what you need beforehand. This week was just what we needed after the horrible 18 months that the world has had and me catching covid and only coming out of isolation just before we left.

20211004_160319.jpg

What a beautiful picture!!

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

What a beautiful pic. I'm glad you were able to make it after your Covid scare. Your 10 days in the camper van were definitely worth it. 

Thank you. It was touch and go just before we left trying to make sure my husband didn't get it as that would have been game over. This is my favourite one

IMG_20211003_181545_704.webp

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, hummy0605 said:

Thank you. It was touch and go just before we left trying to make sure my husband didn't get it as that would have been game over. This is my favourite one

IMG_20211003_181545_704.webp

Lovely pic and I'm glad you had a great cruise. And thanks for all the updates too..!!

3 hours ago, hummy0605 said:

20211004_160319.jpg

Thanks for the lovely review. We'll be onboard on 17th Oct and it so nice to hear such great reviews. Photos are fantastic 🙂

On 10/4/2021 at 2:00 PM, FionaMG said:

Actually, if by any chance they don't it would probably be worth your while paying a visit to guest services and asking for a move.

Just been emailed our room numbers and they're next door to each other which will make things like temp checks nice and easy, well would do if our kids actually get up before midday.

I might just tell the room attendant to go in and take their temp everyone morning whether or not their awake or not. 

😉

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, turboless said:

Just been emailed our room numbers and they're next door to each other which will make things like temp checks nice and easy, well would do if our kids actually get up before midday.

I might just tell the room attendant to go in and take their temp everyone morning whether or not their awake or not. 

😉

Great news! :)

Evening will work fine, if necessary. I saw our room attendant doing the temperature checks in the evening on several occasions. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, hummy0605 said:

20211004_160319.jpg

Lovely pic , I love your dress. Glad you had such a good time, wish we had been brave enough to take a cruise holiday abroad now. Would be nice to have some hot sun 🌞 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, turboless said:

😉

They probably would sleep right through it. 🥱

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, turboless said:

😉

We are sailing on the 14th of October and I don't have the room numbers yet.

Hopefully we will have rooms next to each other, because I don't want to leave the kids (16 and 13) all by themselves a few decks away from us (not that they wouldn't like that🤪) neither would I like to share a room with our 16 year old girl and my husband with our 13 year old boy.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, s_kuegeler said:

Hopefully we will have rooms next to each other, because I don't want to leave the kids (16 and 13) all by themselves a few decks away from us (not that they wouldn't like that🤪) neither would I like to share a room with our 16 year old girl and my husband with our 13 year old boy.

Kind of surprised you've not received your room numbers, we're sailing on the 24th from Barca. It was on an email with a subject "Your Guest Vacation Documents are now ready...." It had an attachment and we noticed it contained the room numbers and luggage tags.

5 hours ago, s_kuegeler said:

Not only do we share rooms but we share ONE room!!  And our offspring are adults!  What fun is a vacation if we can’t torture our kids during it?!?!!

• Haha 2