Msc voyager points and date

thepla

44 minutes ago, kernow said:

Mine have still not been added from my June cruise, there was a thread about this a while ago, think someone had been told there is a delay at the moment.

Thanks. It is not urgent since my current account end date is nov 2023 but I'd be disappointed if going to be tier and doing a back to back or one shortly after current one 

I wonder if they are holding off until they are certain cruising will not be in hold again and how to handle extending dates.

The Voyager Club is pretty lame, anyway. Next month, I will be on my 4th MSC cruise, and I will (once again) be starting over because my points have expired. There is a two year time limit in which your account has to be active (by cruising) or your points go away. Personally, I can accept that limitation, but what makes it sting is MSC's eagerness to status match other cruise lines- who do not expire their points. It kind of feels like I am being penalized for my loyalty.

I put this on the old thread but this is the reply I got from MSC on 16th July following my cruise:

Good Afternoon,

We are having some difficulties with passengers points and our current IT systems. once this is fixed we will add the points.

Rest assured you will still have your Diamond status as this will not change.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Booking Management

59 minutes ago, TnTom said:

The Voyager Club is pretty lame, anyway. Next month, I will be on my 4th MSC cruise, and I will (once again) be starting over because my points have expired. There is a two year time limit in which your account has to be active (by cruising) or your points go away. Personally, I can accept that limitation, but what makes it sting is MSC's eagerness to status match other cruise lines- who do not expire their points. It kind of feels like I am being penalized for my loyalty.

It's three years not two years, it was also extended due to covid, in my case making it 4 years.

I personally don't think three years is unreasonable for a "loyal" customer.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I put this on the old thread but this is the reply I got from MSC on 16th July following my cruise:

Good Afternoon,

We are having some difficulties with passengers points and our current IT systems. once this is fixed we will add the points.

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Booking Management

Hi Tony hope you are both well😀 Did you get your points added on in the end after that email? Make sure they doubled up as well as it was a voyager discounted one. I got my agent to email msc for the one we did and got my double points added in time for the 2nd cruise but my 24th July cruise points are not added yet so going to be sending an email today. Take care 

15 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi Tony hope you are both well😀 Did you get your points added on in the end after that email? Make sure they doubled up as well as it was a voyager discounted one. I got my agent to email msc for the one we did and got my double points added in time for the 2nd cruise but my 24th July cruise points are not added yet so going to be sending an email today. Take care 

Hi Suzanne, we are great, planning the next cruise as usual 😁

I still haven't got my points, I'm not too worried as my expiry date was extended by a year for covid, I just hate having things I need to chase up in the future as I know I will inevitably end up forgetting.

If it was desperately close to expiry I would keep chasing as I know from your experience it can be done but for now I'm leaving it. I will put an entry in my Outlook diary to remind me in 6 months though.

4 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

Hi Suzanne, we are great, planning the next cruise as usual 😁

I still haven't got my points, I'm not too worried as my expiry date was extended by a year for covid, I just hate having things I need to chase up in the future as I know I will inevitably end up forgetting.

If it was desperately close to expiry I would keep chasing as I know from your experience it can be done but for now I'm leaving it. I will put an entry in my Outlook diary to remind me in 6 months though.

Planning somewhere nice?😎 I've got all my cruises booked for next year now. We were going on the Seaview in Nov over to the Caribbean but MSC put the date for people in the UK to travel in the Med off till end of Aug(we were sailing from Barcelona)and payment for that cruise was end July so we've moved it over to the Seaside next September instead. 

I will let you know if I have any success getting my points from 24th added on as like you I like things to be done and dusted so I know where I am. 😀

14 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Planning somewhere nice?😎 I've got all my cruises booked for next year now. We were going on the Seaview in Nov over to the Caribbean but MSC put the date for people in the UK to travel in the Med off till end of Aug(we were sailing from Barcelona)and payment for that cruise was end July so we've moved it over to the Seaside next September instead. 

I will let you know if I have any success getting my points from 24th added on as like you I like things to be done and dusted so I know where I am. 😀

That sound lovely I need the Caribbean again 🌴

I have the med booked for April 22 & Transatlantic from Southampton Dec 22.

I just made final payment for an October Alaska cruise yesterday, I must be mad as the US still won't let us in unless we spend 14 days elsewhere. Plan 1 was 14 days in Mexico but that went UK red list, plan 2 is currently Canada (should open 7th September) after that it will have to be somewhere like Nicaragua or the Dominican Republic.

It's certainly a challenge making a cruise happen these days.

The crazy thing is we can't travel direct to the US but they are happy for us to spend 14 days in no end of unvaccinated covid hot spots and then fly right in.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ChC said:

Yes I second that. They would allow people flying via Mexico and Turkey, both are in worse shape than Europe and less vaccinated. The travel ban does not make sense.

I was reading Reddit about Travel Ban, a lot of people got their ESTA cancelled before they board the fights to US, had to call authority to reinstate it. It is still a stressful journey to do the 14 days third country route.

Thanks for the tip about the ESTA, I have not ordered yet, I will do the bout 4 weeks out.
I will certainly be checking it has not been cancelled on the run up to the airport.

Do you know if it is new ESTAs applications that have been cancelled? I know they were cancelled in bulk at the start of the pandemic so I wonder if it is people who did not know their ESTA had been cancelled in 2020 or new applicants who are getting cancelled.

48 minutes ago, ChC said:

All the cancellation I read about is not about whether it is new or old. Both are treated as the same. Some posters with personal experience suspects that the ESTA got cancelled automatically when you did online check-in for the flight. However, there are reports to suggest otherwise.

Yes I heard about the problem at the beginning of the travel ban. It is supposed to be fixed now. As of now, you can apply new ESTA without any issue. The reports I read suggest a new ESTA can be applied any time. The problem however is the cancellation (or updated as expired) just before the actual flight into the US. But if you are using bridge countries like Mexico where many people have used, apparently it is a well known issue and the check-in agent knows how to handle it by calling a special number. The suggestion thus is to make sure you arrive 15 days before your departure, make sure passport is stamped, then keep an eye on your ESTA updates, do not do online check-in and make sure you arrive in airport early.  

Thank you so much that is incredibly helpful of you, I really appreciate it. 🤩

On 8/17/2021 at 12:10 AM, ziggyuk said:

Good Afternoon,

Thanks,

Kind Regards,

Booking Management

Hi Tony I emailed msc re my voyager points when last spoke to you which was Tuesday this week and they got back to me today to let me know they have now updated my points and sure enough went online and they had. 

1 hour ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi Tony I emailed msc re my voyager points when last spoke to you which was Tuesday this week and they got back to me today to let me know they have now updated my points and sure enough went online and they had. 

Thank you Suzanne, I will email them again in the morning, fingers crossed they can add mine too, that will be one less thing on my "to do" list 🥳 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Honestly, I give up on them, I just got a message to say they had added 2000 points to each of our accounts. I checked and she had done just that.

But..... the sailing was not listed and the expiry date has not changed, the whole point of the request was to reset the 3 year expiry date, I don't want or need the points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Honestly, I give up on them, I just got a message to say they had added 2000 points to each of our accounts. I checked and she had done just that.

But..... the sailing was not listed and the expiry date has not changed, the whole point of the request was to reset the 3 year expiry date, I don't want or need the points.

Hi Tony I didn't think to check the expiry date as I thought it would be updated when they added the points on and your right I've just checked mine and still says the same expiry before my 2 cruises this year and it should reset with each cruise and points added.

As for the sailing list mine doesn't show the 2 Virtuosa ones for points but my points have been added on for both cruises. My expiry date is jan23 so I'll see what happens when I go on the Magnifica in May and see if anything changes then if not I'll take it up with msc after that. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Cruiseforever11 said:

Hi Tony I didn't think to check the expiry date as I thought it would be updated when they added the points on and your right I've just checked mine and still says the same expiry before my 2 cruises this year and it should reset with each cruise and points added.

As for the sailing list mine doesn't show the 2 Virtuosa ones for points but my points have been added on for both cruises. My expiry date is jan23 so I'll see what happens when I go on the Magnifica in May and see if anything changes then if not I'll take it up with msc after that. 

Not just me then 😂

I thought 2000 points sounded rather a lot for one cruise, the silly thing is I don't need any points, I just want to extend my expiry, I checked as that is the only thing that concerned me.
You might be OK with the Magnifica, maybe the computer has not been updated to add Virtuosa cruises.
I'm sure I will cruise again before they expire anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

Not just me then 😂

I thought 2000 points sounded rather a lot for one cruise, the silly thing is I don't need any points, I just want to extend my expiry, I checked as that is the only thing that concerned me.
You might be OK with the Magnifica, maybe the computer has not been updated to add Virtuosa cruises.
I'm sure I will cruise again before they expire anyway.

Don't forget our Virtuosa cruise would of earned double points. However I seemed to have extra too not going to complain as the more points for me the better as now done 8 msc cruises to get to where I am and finally I will be Diamond/Black after our Magnifica cruise in May nxt year finally 😃 so hence why I'm going to wait till after that cruise and see if it sorts itself out re expire date etc.

• Thanks 1

On the topic of loyalty points...

I have a theory and you can call me crazy if you must. I know from you stalwarts that there has been hopes for another tier to be added, but nothing ever comes.

Well, if this MSC spin-off for ultra luxury cruises, Explora Journeys, comes to fruition, I predict another tier will be added above MSC Diamond.

It will be used to direct long-term MSC cruisers into giving Explora a try, by transferring to Explora's low loyalty tier. 

Seems a no-brainer for giving well-funded and curious MSC passengers a nudge to give Explora a whirl.