Cabin access embarkation day?

ejnsb

13 hours ago, csm5986142 said:

I'm not sure what happened, but when it was delivered to our room, one wheel was torn off and it had a tear approximately 3 inches long.  

So, what compensation did you receive from Carnival for their transgression?

39 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

Then 1000 of your closest friends followed suit and cabins weren't ready until 5 pm.   The cabin stewards who are dependent on your goodwill, will never say no but they want to, very, very much.  

If they had been actively working on our room, we would not have bothered them at all and would have simply turned and left and come back later. But our steward was down the hall, and we just asked him if it was alright to stow our things right quick. No one was put out by our request, we didn't hamper anyone's ability to prepare anyone's stateroom, and we were literally there for less than a minute. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

If they had been actively working on our room, we would not have bothered them at all and would have simply turned and left and come back later. But our steward was down the hall, and we just asked him if it was alright to stow our things right quick. No one was put out by our request, we didn't hamper anyone's ability to prepare anyone's stateroom, and we were literally there for less than a minute. 

But he/she did have to stop what they were doing to talk to you. If every other passenger did this it completely disrupts them.  How many others do you think tried this, possibly many.  That is the reason they used to close the double doors to cabins

• Like 2

On 8/17/2021 at 8:14 PM, cruisemom2 said:

The perfect reply!  🙂

Our cruise next week is only 4 nights so we're hoping to get away with a wheeled carryon for each of us. We'll go straight to our cabin and drop them off so it shouldn't be a big deal.

If your keys are there yes but they aren’t always there much before 1:30… No keys you can’t drop off anything because u can’t get in.. Just be ok carrying around with you for a couple hours if you can’t get in..

12 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

If your keys are there yes but they aren’t always there much before 1:30… No keys you can’t drop off anything because u can’t get in.. Just be ok carrying around with you for a couple hours if you can’t get in..

We just got off Magic yesterday (loved it!).  We were on the ship at 11:00 and went straight to our muster station since we were right there.  That took about 2 minutes and from there we went up to Lido which is where our room was.  The doors to the cabins were closed but there was a crew member there who said rooms would be ready at 1:30 but we could drop off our bags.  She even held the door open for us.  Our keys were not there yet but the doors were all propped open and the room steward was in our room and told us to come on in and leave our bags.  We just used our boarding pass to get our first drink.  We went back to the room a couple hours later so we could put our wallets & passports, etc. in the safe and grabbed our room keys then.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:26 PM, iamsteph said:

The last time I checked a bag with the Carnival, my suitcase was crushed.  They got their machine shop to straighten it back out enough I could fly home but that suitcase was toast.  

That was also about the time I hit platinum.  So now that I can drop my bag off right away, even if the room isn't ready, I just pack light and only pack my carryon and a bookbag.  Makes self-debarkation a breeze too! 🙂 

This happened to me on my last cruise. Took them nearly half the cruise to just give me a Carnival branded luggage. I was more furious about the length of time it took to get a resolution than I was about the bag being ripped to start.

20 hours ago, drafterdw said:

We are on 1st sailing of Pride out of Baltimore & we are Platinum.  Feel like our room should be ready. The ship has been floating around between Miami and Freeport with no passengers. Plenty of time to have rooms ready .

Yes, they should be - we were on the first sailing on the Breeze out of Galveston, and while we were still in the terminal they announced that all rooms were ready and we could go straight to our rooms if we wanted.  This was probably the best news I've ever gotten prior to boarding 🙂 It was an ordeal getting to the ship (flight cancelled, luggage lost, etc) so I was exhausted. 

Have a great trip!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cruisemom2 said:

We just got off Magic yesterday (loved it!).  We were on the ship at 11:00 and went straight to our muster station since we were right there.  That took about 2 minutes and from there we went up to Lido which is where our room was.  The doors to the cabins were closed but there was a crew member there who said rooms would be ready at 1:30 but we could drop off our bags.  She even held the door open for us.  Our keys were not there yet but the doors were all propped open and the room steward was in our room and told us to come on in and leave our bags.  We just used our boarding pass to get our first drink.  We went back to the room a couple hours later so we could put our wallets & passports, etc. in the safe and grabbed our room keys then.

Well of all the nerve, lol... According to some people here, she only spoke to you because she would be flogged and keelhauled if she didn't. Probably faced a firing squad for holding the door open for you. 🙄 

9 hours ago, crazy4themouse said:

Well of all the nerve, lol... According to some people here, she only spoke to you because she would be flogged and keelhauled if she didn't. Probably faced a firing squad for holding the door open for you. 🙄 

Bless her heart, we didn't even have to flash our platinum status at her. She was helpful anyway! 🙂

On 8/17/2021 at 4:55 PM, Ilovesailaway said:

Not sure why you would drag a carry on with you when you board. I understand why in some cases people would rather carry on when flying but not sure why when boarding the cruise. Just throw a luggage tag on it, hand it to the porter, tip him/her a couple bucks and go start your cruise. You will see your bag again soon enough.

My son will have all his camera's and equipment in his carry on bag and I know he will not let it out of his sight.  I'm platinum so he will be able to to park it in our cabin after we board.