Which dining time/option (Edge)

barbiecruiser27

Sailing the Edge in October! When selecting a dining time- the Celebrity Select...is this like my time dining on Royal? If we pick 6pm are we able to dine at the different dining rooms or will we be stuck in the same one the entire sailing?

Also- how is the dress on the Edge 7 nights? 

Two years ago, pre-Covid, for a cruise on the Edge, I was able to make dinner reservations in advance of the cruise.  At that time, each night's dinner was reserved separately, and I was able to select which restaurant (of the four Main Dining Rooms) and what time.  

4 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Two years ago, pre-Covid, for a cruise on the Edge, I was able to make dinner reservations in advance of the cruise.  At that time, each night's dinner was reserved separately, and I was able to select which restaurant (of the four Main Dining Rooms) and what time.  

We're on Edge on August 28th.  The online reservations are still exactly as you describe.  I've made our reservation times and restaurants based on the itinerary and show times.

Edited by cricketts

Select dining is like Royal's my time.  If you choose one of the 2 set times 6 or 8:30(?)  you are selecting traditional dining and will be assigned a table in 1 of the 4 dining rooms for the duration of the cruise.  

The  the rotating daily menu is the same in all 4 dining rooms.  In addition each dining room has a few starters, entrees that are  on that dining room menu every night.  You can order any of the items on the 4 menus in any of the dining rooms.  So you don't need to change dining rooms to try the special items form the other MDRs.

If you would just like to try dining in a different the MDR can arrange that for you.

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

The  the rotating daily menu is the same in all 4 dining rooms.  In addition each dining room has a few starters, entrees that are  on that dining room menu every night.  You can order any of the items on the 4 menus in any of the dining rooms.  So you don't need to change dining rooms to try the special items form the other MDRs.

1.  I did not know (and they do not publicize) that you can order from other MDRs menus.  

2.  I wanted to enjoy each of the four dining rooms' ambience.

So I went to each of the four Main Dining Rooms (plus Blu).  And don't forget the specialty restaurants!!

I am a single, and will be dining in Blu a;lot. .  Is it true you don't have to make reservations ahead of time there? Will I be able to reserve a  specialty restaurant while onboard if I desire?

On 8/19/2021 at 4:17 PM, Missymo said:

I am a single, and will be dining in Blu a;lot. .  Is it true you don't have to make reservations ahead of time there? Will I be able to reserve a  specialty restaurant while onboard if I desire?

I would tell the staff at Blu if I was going to one of the Main Dining Rooms the next night, so they did not expect me, but otherwise we just walked in whenever we wanted our meal.  For Blu, we never made reservations and they always seemed happy to seat us.  

If they are not already fully booked, you can make your specialty restaurant reservations anytime, including a walk-up without reservations -- if they have an available table for you.  With lower numbers of passengers, there might be better last-minute openings!  

Warning:  Many people book the specialty restaurants on the formal nights to avoid formal wear.  At least, they would back in the days when formal attire was sort of enforced.  So there would be very limited availability (if any) on formal nights.  Me, I'm a contrarian.  I enjoy formal nights and those  evenings always had the best menus (prime rib, lobster, beef Wellington, etc.), so I'd never go for a specialty dinner on formal nights!

• Like 2