Excursions on recent MSC European cruises

shepesh1

Hello Everyone. We are booked on MSC Grandiosa departing Barcelona on Dec. 18th, 2021. The website still does not show a single excursion available in any of the ports of call. In true MSC customer service fashion the phone reps don't have a clue of what is going on. Has anyone cruised on MSC Grandiosa in Europe recently? Were there shore excursions available? When did they become available on the website? Do they even let you off the ship in any of the ports?!!

19 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We’re booked on Seashore for mid-October and there are lots of excursions listed for each of the ports.  I pre-booked one this morning no problem.  

We are booked on Seashore next month and have booked a number of excursions online however 2 were cancelled a couple of days ago……

1 minute ago, larrykins said:

We are booked on Seashore next month and have booked a number of excursions online however 2 were cancelled a couple of days ago……

We hadn’t planned to leave the ship at all but the excursion I booked appealed to us.  However, we’re prepared for it being cancelled and won’t be too disappointed if it is.  We’ve been to all the ports many times already. 

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

We’re booked on Seashore for mid-October and there are lots of excursions listed for each of the ports

Bea - Just curious how those excursions showed up for you on Seashore.

When I go into the US site under "Manage Booking" and "Plan Cruise", I get the empty excursions screen below.  Did you access the excursions a different way and then add them to your cruise, or maybe since my departure is late Oct they still have not been added?

Many thanks -

Seashore excursions.png

They’re available when I log into my booking.  Our website is different to yours.    Here’s what’s showing under ‘Enhance my cruise’ and an image when I do the drop down for the Marseille offerings:

75F2AD87-2451-4555-841E-B44BB87AEA7D.thumb.png.adcb340d77606decce6af473f98b4263.png

82C31CAB-CAC2-42DE-B25D-4FA8F1105BB5.thumb.png.905319ce3c34f084434a7d1a249e6445.png

We’re embarking in Barcelona on the 22nd. 

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I’ve tried to upload some screenshots but not having any success.  

This site is so weird - if I use a link in an email to a post generated from the US I have issues, but if it’s from someone posting from the UK, hence using the .co.uk url, there’s no problems 🙄

Following this thread.

Anyone have any idea how far in advance the excursions are typically available? I'm booked on an Oct 2022 med cruise. I wasn't expecting to see excursions that far in advance but want to be on the ball when they do become available. I booked through the Canadian site for reference.

Anyone use the mscbook website to generate the list of excursions for their cruise?

2 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I think that’s highly unlikely;  MSC is operating the most stringent of restrictions. 

I’m also hoping Santa brings me a pony. Hope is a wonderful thing. One thing I’ve seen is that MSC added a bunch of e-bike excursions to some Med cruises that weren’t booked through the excursion desk. If independent cruising isn’t available, I’m hoping those stick around.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zekekelso said:

I’m also hoping Santa brings me a pony. Hope is a wonderful thing. One thing I’ve seen is that MSC added a bunch of e-bike excursions to some Med cruises that weren’t booked through the excursion desk. If independent cruising isn’t available, I’m hoping those stick around.  

I’m just hoping we get to board. 🤪

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

Other sites won’t accept your booking number, KS.

Yep, on the Irish site it gives an error and will not recognize / allow.  On the global site, it kicks me back onto the US site and the empty page.  But at least I could browse the excursions on the Irish site to see what they are likely to eventually offer.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the responses.

I would really appreciate it if those U.S. travelers who will be taking the European MSC cruises keep updating this thread on if and when excursions became available. To us, it is kind of pointless to keep a European cruise if you cannot get off the ship at any of the ports.

• Like 1