Advice about changing reservation from Anthem to Oasis

I’m thinking about changing my 11/14 Anthem to something sooner on Oasis.  We booked the Anthem cruise using a FCC and it has $200 OBC.  My questions are when we switch the cruise will we be able to use the FCC to pay for the new cruise, or is there a lag to reinstate the FCC before it can be used again?  Also, will we be able to keep the $200 OBC? Thank you for any advice you can give me.

1 minute ago, emilysmimi said:

My questions are when we switch the cruise will we be able to use the FCC to pay for the new cruise, or is there a lag to reinstate the FCC before it can be used again?  Also, will we be able to keep the $200 OBC? 

The FCC won’t come into play, you are just moving the booking. Keeping the OBC depends on why you got it. 

DW and I will be rebooking Oasis 10/24 instead of Anthem 11/7 which IMHO will be  cancelled.  We want to sail ASAP and will use FCC for the change. We have Three other cruises booked which we hope to be on.

One small piece of advice if there's 2 of you... look at the cost of two cabins instead of sharing one; right now these sailings have no solo supplement, and sometimes the way the discounting can work when the solo supplement is gone at different Crown & Anchor levels, you may even find 2 solo-occupancy cabins are cheaper than one double-occupancy cabin. And you'll each get twice as many as you'd otherwise get. And you may be able to find connecting cabins so it'd be kinda sorta like having one big room. 🙂

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, dswallow said:

One small piece of advice if there's 2 of you... look at the cost of two cabins instead of sharing one; right now these sailings have no solo supplement, and sometimes the way the discounting can work when the solo supplement is gone at different Crown & Anchor levels, you may even find 2 solo-occupancy cabins are cheaper than one double-occupancy cabin. And you'll each get twice as many as you'd otherwise get. And you may be able to find connecting cabins so it'd be kinda sorta like having one big room. 🙂

That was supposed to say "twice as many Crown & Anchor points..." and apparently my fingers missed that thought.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trailcon said:

DW and I will be rebooking Oasis 10/24 instead of Anthem 11/7 which IMHO will be  cancelled.  We want to sail ASAP and will use FCC for the change. We have Three other cruises booked which we hope to be on.

A big group of us (12) are on that 11/7 Anthem sailing.  Is there any reason that you believe it will be canceled?  I'm the one that coordinates all of us and I really, really don't want to go through that again!

5 minutes ago, 2Long2NxtCrz said:

A big group of us (12) are on that 11/7 Anthem sailing.  Is there any reason that you believe it will be canceled?  I'm the one that coordinates all of us and I really, really don't want to go through that again!

In your shoes I would feel significantly more confident if there were some explanation provided proactively concerning the short period of time between the return of the ship from the UK and this first revenue sailing. Specifically things like why they think they don't need a test sailing scheduled for the first time out of a US port. Yes, it technically happens after the current CSO expires, but I think we're all pretty confident something will replace the CSO before it's allowed to expire. So my question would simply be why does Royal Caribbean apparently not expect to need one. Do they have some indication from the CDC that this schedule is fully OK and approved? We just haven't been told this info and are left to wonder. And there's little comment recently regarding a 14-day requirement from the CDC when moving from a foreign home port to a US home port. At least there's been some report from Royal Caribbean that it doesn't apply anymore. Though not sure I'm confident about that so much either, maybe moreso because the whole 14-day requirement seemed to come out of nowhere, too. 🙂

I'm booked on the 11/14 sailing and feeling equally in limbo about it. But on the other hand, I'm 45 minutes by car to the port and have zero investment beyond the cruise fare that I'll have to deal with if they cancel it. I'll just shift to some other date.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dswallow said:

I'm booked on the 11/14 sailing and feeling equally in limbo about it. But on the other hand, I'm 45 minutes by car to the port and have zero investment beyond the cruise fare that I'll have

We are also booked on the 11/14 sailing and I also have a feeling it might get canceled.  Because I can’t stand the thought of not going on a cruise soon after so many cancellations, I’m going to play it safe and switch to Oasis in October.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 11:33 PM, dswallow said:

In your shoes I would feel significantly more confident if there were some explanation provided proactively concerning the short period of time between the return of the ship from the UK and this first revenue sailing. 

Thank you for the detailed information.

We have 10 of the 12 of us flying in, so hotels and plane tickets are booked.  I don't have the energy to even contemplate that this might not happen.  Not again, you know?  Especially as 5 are newbies to cruising.  What an introduction if this does get canceled on us.

I do hope that the CDC has noticed that the rules that the cruise lines are sailing under do work.  Yes, there are cases that come up, but they're on top of them and they get those people the care they need.  And most of those sailings were out of ports that had much worse community spread.  I have to keep hope alive that requiring this cruise, in particular, to be a 100% vaxxed cruise will help convince the powers that be that there is absolutely no reason to stop it.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, emilysmimi said:

We are also booked on the 11/14 sailing and I also have a feeling it might get canceled.  Because I can’t stand the thought of not going on a cruise soon after so many cancellations, I’m going to play it safe and switch to Oasis in October.

I wish we could move ours, but not with 10 of us flying in and those tickets already booked.  Plus, and I'll admit this is a selfish reason, I want to sail on the Anthem!  I've done an Oasis class.  I really, really want to sail on a Quantum class ship.

And now that I've gotten over the possibility that this sailing might not happen, I have a question for y'all:

I got the Royal upgrade email a little over a week ago.  We are in a balcony cabin (a 2D) so we already have a nice cabin (I combined all the certificates from our canceled cruises because I didn't really want to risk having some hanging out there) for a good deal.  But, I can upgrade to a Grand Suite for $700.

That seems like a lot, but is it?  And if I upgrade does it come will all the suite perks?  Any idea how that works?

And if y'all don't know, that's fine, I can post on the main board.  Just thought I'd ask here because we have some great, knowledgeable people here.

Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Yes, except the extra C&A points.

Thank you! I confused myself with Royal's suite class and Celebrity's.  I thought that wow, the drink package cost more than the upgrade, so of course, it'd make sense to upgrade, except nope.

And I thought about it and it doesn't make sense to be separate from our group. Yeah, hubby will want and need space and the 20s aren't going to want us parent-types around for many things, but it doesn't feel right to eat separately.

Again, I am so grateful for CC and all of the exceptionally helpful people on here.