Pre cruise tour with AmaWaterways and covid testing

F19810

I'm going on AMA's pre cruise tour to Jordan before my Egypt cruise.  I have to get tested before entering Egypt, will AMA take care of this?  I know that I have pay for it but don't know how to get tested to get into Egypt.  

Judy

You will have to check what the entry requirements are for Jordon first.  Your airline will not let you board the aircraft if you do not have the correct documentation.  many airlines allow you to upload the information on their site.  Also be aware of where you are connecting as the connecting airport can have their own set of protocols.

If you need either a PCR or rapid antigen both can be found at CVS and appointments can be made online so you can plan for test within the time you need it (3 days usually) before you board the plane,

if you are on a tour with AMA I am sure they will make the arrangements.  How many days is your Jordon pre stay?  i hope you are going to Petra and Wadi Run.

Edited by cruisr

7 minutes ago, cruisr said:

You will have to check what the entry requirements are for Jordon first.  Your airline will not let you board the aircraft if you do not have the correct documentation.  many airlines allow you to upload the information on their site.  Also be aware of where you are connecting as the connecting airport can have their own set of protocols.

If you need either a PCR or rapid antigen both can be found at CVS and appointments can be made online so you can plan for test within the time you need it (3 days usually) before you board the plane,

if you are on a tour with AMA I am sure they will make the arrangements.  How many days is your Jordon pre stay?  i hope you are going to Petra and Wadi Run.

I plan to get a 4 hr test at the airport (I pass it going to/from work) about 50 hrs before the flight to Jordan.  For Jordan, I need the PCR test and I will have my US vaccine card.  I arrive in Jordan 6 days before flying to Egypt so my test for Jordan will not work for Egypt.  Unfortunately, I need the test no more than 72 hrs before my first flight to Jordan.  Most places have a 2-4 day turn around time for the test.  With my luck, it would be 3-4 days and I will not be able to board my flight.  This leaves me no choice but to pay $250 for the rapid test. Yes, Petra and Wadi Run ( only a short drive) are included in the Jordan tour.  Alos, Jeresh, Mt Nebo, Madaba.  I will do the Dead Sea on my own before the tour.

Judy

We are also doing the Jordan pre-cruise tour prior to our AMA Egypt tour/cruise.  Our TA double checked on this for us and confirmed that  AMA is providing any necessary testing in Jordan as well as the necessary testing to enter the US at the end of the trip.  

Judy,  what are your dates.  We arrive in Amman late evening Sun. Oct. 24th and have booked an extra night at the St. Regis.  We have a full day to ourselves before the first tour on Tuesday, the 26th.  I am eagerly awaiting the first sailing of the AmaDahlia on Sept. 3rd (I think that’s the first sailing?).  Hopefully our trip (and yours) will not get cancelled!   

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Pre cruise tour with AmaWaterways and covid testing