We got the eats!

Zqueeze1

We love the specialties that you all have named. Some of my favs are the shelled crab in Prime 7 and the Dover Sole in CR. But for our most memorable meal I am going to have to go with one of the “special” meals you can request in advance. We had a group of 6 on the Navigator in the North Atlantic in 2017 and we requested a special Malaysian meal. We didn’t know much about Malaysian cooking so when the MD asked us which dishes would like, we were at a bit of a loss. Finally my wife and I suggested that the chef prepare some of his favorite dishes that his mother and grandmother made for him as a kid. Oh boy! We had a great meal! About six courses if I remember correctly, starting with is grandma’s soup recipe, and the chief came out several times during the meal to explain the dishes and to see how we liked them. I think he enjoyed making the meal as much as we enjoyed eating it. 

• Like 3

It's just before lunchtime as I write this and my stomach is grumbling now...

I can count on one hand the number of 'bad' meals I've had on board over the last 12 years or so...most are excellent, a few have been extraordinary.  One meal we keep raving about, though, was an Indian feast offered up by our butler, Ryan.  He set it up for us and it was one of the most mouth-watering spreads I've ever over-indulged in.  Stellar.  We try and invite friends to at least one Indian meal per cruise, but none have ever really been able to equal that first one...

Another meal that sticks out to us was awesome not so much for the food (although I'm sure it was delicious) but it was made special by Capt. McNeill (sp?) in the caldera at Santorini - we had a short sail to our next port and when we raised our anchor he put Navigator into a slow 360° spin inside the caldera, effectively turning Compass Rose into a revolving restaurant.  We got to see the entirety of the island as the sun slowly dropped from the sky.  The lights of the island started to pop on as we leisurely circled inside the caldera, bathed in the flaming hues of an Aegean sunset...magical.

To be honest, most of my meals on Regent have been memorable for the views, the camaraderie, the company, the service, and the overall experience.  Yeah, the food is usually great - but you can't beat the complete dining experience on Regent, IMO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1