A few thoughts of Sunrise first sailing out

renza

I was on last sailing out on oasis in March 2020 and figured I would go on carnivals first sunrise sailing out. My expectations were very low for the ship. I figured for the price and for a five night cruise so close to home, I would jump on the ship with my son.  
     The ship is very small. Not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing it was just small.  First impression was great, the staff was so excited to see all of us.  The cabin was smaller than any cabin I have stayed in. And the room was very warm. Actually the whole ship was warm. The room steward gave us a fan which made it bearable. The beds were very comfortable, the most comfortable bed I’ve had on any cruise ship. 
     I am not one who really likes carnival. I find the passengers to be very trashy let’s say. I don’t care if you’re black, white, fat, skinny, tall, short or whatever. If you weigh 400 pounds don’t walk around in a bikini. Don’t show up in the dining room on formal night with your slippers. Seriously, I just do not understand how people leave the house. U most certainly can just people watch all day and swear u r at Walmart in the middle of the night.  I am sure I’m going to get so many comments on this, this is just how it is on every Carnival ship I have been on. 
     The staff was amazing, they would do anything to help you. The food in the dining room we found to be good. All the other food venues were just so so. Entertainment was OK nothing great just OK. Royale definitely has entertainment bear on so many levels. The cruise Director was OK but the fun squad was awesome. If you have never been to a quest show on carnival it is a must. It’s more like it like an X-rated show again people will do anything. 
     We were the first ship back to Jamaica and one of the few who have gone to we Bimini. I had been to Bimini before on our own boat, we live in Palm Beach so it’s not real far for us. I find it very sad that it a cruise ship now goes there. An island that’s only 7 miles long with one Hotel. Not really a place for a cruise to go. The water was beautiful although it was filled with a lot of jellyfish. Jamaica wasn’t so bad, not as bad as before where everybody’s in your face touching your hair. Jamaica is not generally my favorite place. 
     I think I am done with carnival.  It’s just not my kind of cruise line. Have I had a good time on carnival, absolutely. I just find other cruise lines to be better, maybe just classier. 
     Check in was a breeze, from parking garage to my cabin in less than 15 minutes. It was only half full maybe. Carnival is known to pack you in like sardines so this cruise was awesome to have so much space. No waiting in hallways, showing up to shows last minute no problem. That’s usually my number one complaint on carnival it’s just the amount of people with very little space. I didn’t find a whole lot going on, not enough entertainment. Carnival ships are also very Choppy. It’s crazy how deck five is the only floor that you can walk across the whole ship. With carnival it’s always up and down up and down to go from one area to another. 
     Again my expectations were very low for this ship. It did beat my expectations because the crowd was very light, I can say I will never wanna ship that small again. 

9194FE12-A7E4-4747-B998-7B8BB4D09919.jpeg

E9480E5C-D8AC-4CF4-97AB-D6E24A60D1F3.jpeg

5CE6945A-F48F-41BC-B5D9-3487828AE7F7.jpeg

A6C6B676-2DC0-4A0D-A4E0-A8E4B4AD5551.jpeg

19EA1081-B9FB-43A8-BD8E-61C44FB0BA64.jpeg

Edited by renza

29 minutes ago, renza said:

If you have never been to a quest show on carnival it is a must. It’s more like it like an X-rated show again people will do anything. 

Carnival ships are also very Choppy. It’s crazy how deck five is the only floor that you can walk across the whole ship. With carnival it’s always up and down up and down to go from one area to another. 

I wish Carnival Quest was on every ship. We are amazing at the game. How far it goes depends on the cruise director, but there has never been something we weren't willing to do. Downside is you need at least 2 guys and 2 girls who are comfortable with doing just about anything. I can't believe they played it with COVID-19 restrictions. 

Carnival ships aren't choppy. Smaller ships are the problem, and of course the ocean is always an unknown (we got on a cruise ship as Hurricane Michael was in the Gulf, which led to very choppy waters one night). Personally it wasn't an issue on their sister ship (Victory) for me, but I notice it on the Fantasy Class ships and the NCL ships I've been on (the Norwegian Sun was the worst for it, while the Jade was mostly just on the ends of the ship). And the walk through issues are ship dependent as well, though I agree the restaurants in the middle of the ship and the galley can make for aggravation, but that should have only prevented you from walking across 3 & 4.

5 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

I wish Carnival Quest was on every ship. We are amazing at the game. How far it goes depends on the cruise director, but there has never been something we weren't willing to do. Downside is you need at least 2 guys and 2 girls who are comfortable with doing just about anything. I can't believe they played it with COVID-19 restrictions. 

Carnival ships aren't choppy. Smaller ships are the problem, and of course the ocean is always an unknown (we got on a cruise ship as Hurricane Michael was in the Gulf, which led to very choppy waters one night). Personally it wasn't an issue on their sister ship (Victory) for me, but I notice it on the Fantasy Class ships and the NCL ships I've been on (the Norwegian Sun was the worst for it, while the Jade was mostly just on the ends of the ship). And the walk through issues are ship dependent as well, though I agree the restaurants in the middle of the ship and the galley can make for aggravation, but that should have only prevented you from walking across 3 & 4.

I don’t mean choppy as in the ocean. I meant the ships are choppy in the layout. 

3 hours ago, renza said:

I am not one who really likes carnival. I find the passengers to be very trashy let’s say. I don’t care if you’re black, white, fat, skinny, tall, short or whatever. If you weigh 400 pounds don’t walk around in a bikini. Don’t show up in the dining room on formal night with your slippers. Seriously, I just do not understand how people leave the house. U most certainly can just people watch all day and swear u r at Walmart in the middle of the night.  I am sure I’m going to get so many comments on this, this is just how it is on every Carnival ship I have been on. 

Then why R U writing this review if one of your major points is that Carnival passengers are trashy when you are in a Carnival forum? 😏

I appreciate trip reports and photos, but did this paragraph really need to be a part of your trip report? Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to put on some dirty slippers so I can go to Wal-Mart and buy a bunch of bikinis and some weightGain3000 supplements.