Apex Royal Suite laundry

Stu UK

4 hours ago, DenGNNJ said:

QUESTIONS:  In general (not just Apex) do Celebrity shipboard laundry services do a good job?  Does your black underwear come back from the laundry looking grey??  If there's something you don't want ruined, is dry cleaning the better option?  We're doing a RS in 2022 & I'm curious. 

Free laundry services are great, but not if they eff-up your clothes.

We use the laundry very frequently since we also get unlimited free laundry due to Zenith.  

They do use hot water so if something is subject to shrinking maybe indicate you want it to be dry cleaned instead.   Many people ask for everything to be dry cleaned.    Since it is no charge to you do whichever you feel comfortable with.

I've not had problems with black garments  coming back gray.   

We had some Tuxedo Shirts that  have been in the closet for 18 months and had yellowed from just sitting  in the closet.   We sent them out the first night and  they came backing looking new.

3 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

(1) Good advice - THANKS!  (2) Is it THAT obvious? LOL!!

As I packed for my cruise (Saturday) I noticed all my tops are dark coloured....Do you think I have realised at last that drinking red wine and wearing white is a bad combination?

6 minutes ago, chemmo said:

As I packed for my cruise (Saturday) I noticed all my tops are dark coloured....Do you think I have realised at last that drinking red wine and wearing white is a bad combination?

If you haven't I'll be the first to try to convince you.  Nary a meal goes by that something doesn't end up on my clothing.  Fortunately, I stopped wearing white lacy tops a while ago LOL!

Please accept my wishes for a wonderful trip!!!

5 minutes ago, DenGNNJ said:

If you haven't I'll be the first to try to convince you.  Nary a meal goes by that something doesn't end up on my clothing.  Fortunately, I stopped wearing white lacy tops a while ago LOL!

Please accept my wishes for a wonderful trip!!!

Sincere thanks, as for so many this cruise has been a long time coming....Only a ‘staycation’ from Southampton but who cares! Just can’t wait to be on board...

On 8/28/2021 at 10:01 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the update.   I honestly have never seen that restriction before.   I'm really surprised by it.  What is surprising is that under the Zenith Perks they do not have a limitation listed.   I would think the Penthouse guest would get everything they wanted.   

Seems strange that they state a limit with no regard to the length of the cruise.   While 2x may be fine on a 7 day cruise or shorter it might be restrictive on a 14 day cruise. 

Not recommending cheating the system but you could also combine with your 2 bags (each) of wash and fold for Elite Plus  might mitigate the limitation.

We were told by our Butler that the 2x per sailing was put in place because of the abuse of the amenity by those sending out laundry for others.  He also said not to worry that items we needed cleaned would be done. 

• Like 1