What time does MTD actually start?

17 hours ago, dianajo67 said:

In the past, we’ve never had a problem setting up MTD for 545 or 600 pm.  Over the last few years, it seems cruise planner never offers anything earlier than 730.  I don’t believe the earlier times are already gone.  I’m on here every day and make my dining reservations the day they are released.   I also don’t believe they actually make people wait until 730 to eat at their “preferred dining time”.  

Going on Explorer in late November/December from San Juan ( if it goes).  Does anyone know when MTD actually starts?  It’s not just this cruise.  I have stuff booked all the way to March of 2023 and same issue getting earlier MTD times on every ship.  Ive started booking earlier traditional (530), but that not ideal because we’d only be in the dining room like 3 nights during the week.  Hate doing that to the servers.  If MTD actually starts at 6-630, we’ll do that even if we can’t reserve ahead.  Hate screwing over the main dining staff by rarely being there.

We have always had MTD and done it relatively early(5:30-6:00). 

Maybe you're flagged for something?...jk

18 minutes ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

We have always had MTD and done it relatively early(5:30-6:00). 

I seem to recall the later availability of MTD (nothing before 6) started even before COVID - you may need to get used to eating later if you stick with MTD.

• Like 1

We opted for early seating rather than MTD for just this reason. I found on FOS in July, we were only one of three tables on our side of the dining room. Folks showed up at various times, and the staff were thrilled to have someone to wait on for dinner. I feel like anything goes right now, until ships are back at full capacity. We really don’t like eating late, simply for digestion issues. So much yummy food, we cant pass up those delicious MDR meals, even though we would typically eat in the Windjammer for dinner.