Select Dining Reservations Issue

CruiserFLA

My wife and I are booked on Celebrity Apex April 23, 2022.  In the past I have been able to make dining reservations under Select Dining 12 months or more  in advance.  However, when I go in to "My Celebrity" I am able to only make reservations in specialty restaurants.  When I try to make reservations in the complimentary restaurants I get a message "Not currently available but we're working on it.".  This same issue has persisted for two weeks.  I called Celebrity two days ago and was transferred to the dining reservations agent.  The agent input all the requests (including two other guests) but when she went to finalize the dining bookings she got an error message.  She told me to be patient awhile longer as there seems to be some sort of technical issue going on.  I have made dining reservations successfully for over 10 years, so this latest glitch was very much unexpected.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  

Yes, there was a problem when I first tried to book our Select dining for our recent Silhouette cruise which we took 06/08/21.

We booked 30/04/21 and I tried to book Select dining a few days later.

At that time they gave a sample menu and said you had to make a food choice before you could dining times. I have never had to do that beforehand and there was nothing on the menu that I could eat, as I am Dairy Intolerant. 
I mentioned this to our TA a few days later when I paid our balance and she said she would ring CelebrityCruises.

The problem was fixed when I booked our dining about a month later.

35 minutes ago, CruiserFLA said:

My wife and I are booked on Celebrity Apex April 23, 2022.  In the past I have been able to make dining reservations under Select Dining 12 months or more  in advance.  However, when I go in to "My Celebrity" I am able to only make reservations in specialty restaurants.  When I try to make reservations in the complimentary restaurants I get a message "Not currently available but we're working on it.".  This same issue has persisted for two weeks.  I called Celebrity two days ago and was transferred to the dining reservations agent.  The agent input all the requests (including two other guests) but when she went to finalize the dining bookings she got an error message.  She told me to be patient awhile longer as there seems to be some sort of technical issue going on.  I have made dining reservations successfully for over 10 years, so this latest glitch was very much unexpected.  Has anyone else experienced this issue?  

Tried to do the same yesterday for our January Equinox sailing and Specialty restaurants was also our only option. Plan on following up with TA on Monday and see if they can help. 

On 8/27/2021 at 10:14 PM, Loracpin2 said:

Tried to do the same yesterday for our January Equinox sailing and Specialty restaurants was also our only option. Plan on following up with TA on Monday and see if they can help. 

Silhouette April 2022 booked without any problems months ago 

We are on the Apex in April also and can’t make Select dining reservations yet.

I doubt it will be a problem, at least from a menu  standpoint,  as it seems that now no matter which of the 4 dining rooms you are in you can now order from any of the 4 menus.

The Celebrity website is a bit confusing (alright, maybe more than a bit).  Here is the way that I was able to make Select Dining reservations last week.

Sign into your Celebrity account

Click on "Already Booked" at the top of the page

Select the cruise you want to book your dinner reservations, if you have more than one.

Click on "Manage Your Vacation"

Scroll down to "Dining Packages", then click on "Book Dining Packages"

Scroll down to bottom of page to "Celebrity Dining Anytime", then click on "Add to Cart".

You will now be in the area to book your dining times.  Click on the guest names that you want to include, then click on "Next".  The list of available dining times will come up, select and follow the instructions.

You will have to follow these instructions for each day of your cruise.  Once completed, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from Celebrity.

Good Luck!!

16 hours ago, the penguins said:

Silhouette April 2022 booked without any problems months ago 

Did you book cruise directly with Celebrity or a TA??  We've booked with the same TA for 15 years and first time there's been an issue choosing time before final payment which is due in 3 weeks.   

Booked through a T.A. who is having the same issue.  Still unable to book complimentary dining reservations with Select Dining option.  Same response when trying to book the free dining venues "Currently unavailable but we're working on it."  So far neither the T.A. or myself have been able to get a clear answer from Celebrity as to why this is happening.

Booking direct or with a TA has no impact on using the Cruise Planner to book dining reservations, purchase shore excursions,  photo packages , etc.  

The April Apex dining reservations just are not open yet.  

There are sailing that are less than 90 days away and on-line check-in isn’t open yet.  I think they are tackling issues first.