Cabin # selected not assigned

slk1000

40 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

So my TA got back to me today and said that deck 9 had been set aside as the quarantine deck. MSC hasn't informed affected passengers nor their TAs and seemingly has no specific plan for reassigning passengers in an equitable fashion. I paid extra for my aft balcony and it really looks like they were just going to wing it. I get changes and upheavals are to be expected. I've been through a few and have taken them in stride. But doing this less than 30 days out seems a bit ridiculous to begin with. Add in that Meraviglia has sailed many times already which means they should probably have standardized this and dealt with it for all sailings near the beginning of the restart and it's hard not to slam your head against the desk. To make matters more irritating, they aren't able to reassign me to another aft balcony because my eticket has already been issued which means the first level CSRs essentially can't do anything at all.

So I have an explanation in my case. I'm not sure how trustworthy that explanation is, but TA did say he called twice and got the same answer so that's something. Still no fix, however. TA has a call back scheduled with a supervisor for Monday (apparently corporate is closed on the weekends) so I guess I'll know more then. Unless they're closed for Labor Day, too, and the CSR didn't realize that was a thing, but I'm thinking positive thoughts.

I'm in a similar situation, they screwed me out of my chosen room as well.  As I found out, the time that I paid for the cruise in full back in june, is when they made the room switch on me.  Needless to say I got a very good rate because I booked this in February, and I feel like they're screwing me because of that  I salil on September 18th.

9 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

Needless to say I got a very good rate because I booked this in February

Same, actually. I actually booked 9/18 originally and super early on, but the itinerary changed and I swapped to 9/25 because it was more appealing. Still did get quite the deal, though, and actually saved some money with the date swap so I can understand being suspicious. What deck were you on, if you don't mind my asking?

FWIW, my TA said they have identical cabins on higher decks (which are actually better cabins because the aft balconies on 10-12 are deeper than those on 9) so hopefully I'm not really getting screwed out of anything. Without them being able to assign me the new room, though, who knows what's happening. I told my TA that I'm trying to keep positive by pretending they're planning to give all us poor, displaced deck 9ers upgrades. Probably not the case, but a girl can dream, right? Fingers crossed for us all!

3 hours ago, bundtkate said:

Same, actually. I actually booked 9/18 originally and super early on, but the itinerary changed and I swapped to 9/25 because it was more appealing. Still did get quite the deal, though, and actually saved some money with the date swap so I can understand being suspicious. What deck were you on, if you don't mind my asking?

FWIW, my TA said they have identical cabins on higher decks (which are actually better cabins because the aft balconies on 10-12 are deeper than those on 9) so hopefully I'm not really getting screwed out of anything. Without them being able to assign me the new room, though, who knows what's happening. I told my TA that I'm trying to keep positive by pretending they're planning to give all us poor, displaced deck 9ers upgrades. Probably not the case, but a girl can dream, right? Fingers crossed for us all!

Yes!  Fingers crossed! I was on 12245 but they moved me to 11257.   The first lady told me it might be because of covid but that doesn't make any sense. I feel pretty sure that those people aren't going to be visiting the buffet or restaurants hence they be the furthest away from food at deck nine ish.  All the pictures to me indicate that the room change means I will now have a fully blocked view below the deck railing of my room now versus a half blocked viewing that would include half glass.  Complicating things, my six-year-old son now is going to want to stand on top of the furniture to see over the edge.  Yikes.  I did go Bella class this time, but people pick rooms for a reason, and all the people that work for MSC should realize that.  Tomorrow I will send an email to MSC reservations and see where it goes from there. What ports of call do you visit since your itinerary is different?

32 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

What ports of call do you visit since your itinerary is different?

We're doing Ocean Cay for both our first port (there late) and last port (sadly there less late), then Cozumel and Costa Maya in between. I've already been to both Mexican ports, but I was there for work so I didn't get to see much. I'm looking forward to checking out some ruins.

35 minutes ago, CampNCruise74 said:

All the pictures to me indicate that the room change means I will now have a fully blocked view below the deck railing of my room now versus a half blocked viewing that would include half glass.

According to MSC's official deck plans it looks like both of those staterooms have all metal below the rail, but 11257 appears to have the larger balcony so you may actually have net yourself a slight upgrade. I certainly hope that's the case!

I've seen a few similar posts to this float to the top so I thought I'd provide an update on my situation. My TA was able to get in touch with MSC yesterday (as predicted, corporate was closed for Labor Day on Monday), and apparently because I have already been issued my eticket (ahead of schedule at that), the frontline CSRs can do roughly nothing. Apparently what they have to do is submit a request for approval by some non-specific higher up so I can get my cabin reassigned. Said request was initiated for a different aft-facing balcony one deck up from the one I had and now we wait.

TA (bless him) is keeping tabs on things and will be calling them Friday raising a fuss if it isn't sorted by then. Meanwhile, I'm hanging onto that ticket and fantasizing about a YC upgrade. Realistically, I'm just hoping to get what I already paid for and that it will all be settled before we embark in just over two weeks.

9 minutes ago, bundtkate said:

I've seen a few similar posts to this float to the top so I thought I'd provide an update on my situation. My TA was able to get in touch with MSC yesterday (as predicted, corporate was closed for Labor Day on Monday), and apparently because I have already been issued my eticket (ahead of schedule at that), the frontline CSRs can do roughly nothing. Apparently what they have to do is submit a request for approval by some non-specific higher up so I can get my cabin reassigned. Said request was initiated for a different aft-facing balcony one deck up from the one I had and now we wait.

TA (bless him) is keeping tabs on things and will be calling them Friday raising a fuss if it isn't sorted by then. Meanwhile, I'm hanging onto that ticket and fantasizing about a YC upgrade. Realistically, I'm just hoping to get what I already paid for and that it will all be settled before we embark in just over two weeks.

Just an FYI,, you may want to call to see if a different rep can help you. I've had reps do things that other reps said they had to "send an email to the back office".

When they send that "email", you have a maybe 25% chance of it working.

Regardless, good luck, and hopefully you get the YC upgrade 🙂

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I've had reps do things that other reps said they had to "send an email to the back office".

I think this was call 4? Originally they'd told my TA that they could do nothing at all and to call back this past Monday. Second person said he needed to speak to a supervisor and "scheduled" a call back for said Monday. Third said the same but that they were out of the office (this was on Monday). This one finally purported to do something. I see no evidence of it, but what ya gonna do?

I do appreciate the well wishes though. I ain't gonna lie, I'm losing my zen a smidge, but I saved and printed my old eTicket so if worst comes to worst, I'll show my butt up at the port with that and a confused look on my face. TA has been great so far so I'm keeping the faith he'll sort things out.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MonsterJoe said:

I have no zen - I'm straight up raging at this point 🙂

If it helps, let me know. Between this, losing a day to get our COVID tests, and the fact that the website still says I have passenger info to provide (but also that I've provided everything), rage may soon be all that's left to me. 🙃

20 hours ago, bundtkate said:

I hope it all works out for you.  I went to log in tonight to see if my room has been assigned for my 10/2nd cruise and it basically said my booking # doesn't exist.  I called and was told they are updating the system to check tomorrow.  So hopefully I'll be able to get in.  I was told our room on the 10th floor was cancelled due to CDC restrictions.  I'm concerned what we will end up with.  I appreciate you sharing your experience with us.  

Entire MSC system offline.

Wanted  to  look at  cruises  for this fall and next year.   Each inquiry states “ sorry, this cruise is fully booked”. this is the response for every cruise .

itineraries are also missing.  .

Just hope after all this our cruises have not been cancelled.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, phissy said:

Entire MSC system offline.

Wanted  to  look at  cruises  for this fall and next year.   Each inquiry states “ sorry, this cruise is fully booked”. this is the response for every cruise .

itineraries are also missing.  .

Just hope after all this our cruises have not been cancelled.

😊 Same here!  

Here too🤦🏼‍♀️😫

Also just noticed on MSC for Me app says ‘ booking no longer valid” and it was there a few hours ago.  

Ugh, I am not fighting with them again for weeks to get my obc back. It took me numerous emails with 9 different attachments to finally get them to correct their IT mistake when they changed the itinerary last time. 

Edited by lovemycruisetoo
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

Here too🤦🏼‍♀️😫

Also just noticed on MSC for Me app says ‘ booking no longer valid” and it was there a few hours ago.  

Ugh, I am not fighting with them again for weeks to get my obc back. It took me numerous emails with 9 different attachments to finally get them to correct their IT mistake when they changed the itinerary last time. 

I was also changed to Guarantee and now everytime I opened the app I got an error.  So I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  Now I can't get into the app at all because "An error occurred."

I think the whole thing is borked today. Went to check in on things around 5pm and I can still see my cruise departs in 16 days, but no specifics. Constantly seeing "an error occurred". It has done this a few times before and cleared up. Here's hoping it's the same this go.

12 hours ago, lovemycruisetoo said:

The app is there but when I put in booking number again it says not valid. Even cleaned out the cookies on both safari and google to be sure nothing was hanging around. They really need to get some IT people that know what they’re doing without disrupting the whole website.  

Our story started the same way...

In the end I don't have a booking anymore...

3 days upfront departure....

Edited by MarkusToe

I'm booked on Seashore's TA out of Barcelona. On 9/2,  I got the upgrade bidding email with correct current cabin number. l did not bid. Today, I did a fake booking to locate some info and discovered that our cabin is available for booking! What are the chances it will be corrected before Thursday--the earliest I can call? Nevermind; totally rhetorical. 

5 minutes ago, Rhea98 said:

I'm booked on Seashore's TA out of Barcelona. On 9/2,  I got the upgrade bidding email with correct current cabin number. l did not bid. Today, I did a fake booking to locate some info and discovered that our cabin is available for booking! What are the chances it will be corrected before Thursday--the earliest I can call? Nevermind; totally rhetorical. 

Same happened to us but when I tried a second mock booking again, it was gone. You should be ok. 

So because some folks mentioned their cabin being bookable, I decided to go ahead and check. Sure enough you can still book deck 9 (though not my cabin specifically). I also got another upgrade bid email yesterday that still showed my cabin #. Still no assignment in app or on the website and my TA now has their agency's sales rep chasing a resolution. We have COVID tests in a week, fly to MIA in 8 days and board in 9. 🙃

Edited by bundtkate