Recently updating your cabin? check the contract carefully

Missymo

I just had an incident with Celebrity after I upgraded my cruise from an Aqua Cabin to an S1 Sky Suite.for September 25, 2021 sailing  I spoke to Celebrity , filled out the information, and paid the difference.  Didn't think anything of it til I received my invoice.  Of course, I started comparing the original to the new one.  All was ok until I got to a  separate one line cancellation fees, showing todays date, .which was not listed on my original invoice.   Imagine my surprise when it listed a large  amount (over 3500) I would forfeit should I cancel before cruising.. I immediately called Celebrity back and told  the planner this was not acceptable  due to the Confidence in Cruising policy, This was wrong and I wanted it taken off.   She spoke to her supervisor (I assume). and told me they couldn't take it down but to go to Celebrities web site and download the Cruise with Confidence  which shows I would have the 48 hour window should I need to cancel.  .  She is also placing our conversation onto my invoice.  I got the planner  name, and time of the call,  but somehow, not very trustful of this situation. I"m not a first time cruiser and I think this is wrong. Will theConfidence in Cruising be all I need? 

My December cruise was booked under the CWC policy, but the invoice still shows the normal cancellation schedule.  (The schedule makes clear what portion, if any, of your cruise fare you could have refunded to you if you cancelled after final payment. CWC is a policy that allows you to get a FCC, not money back.)

• Thanks 1