Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

12 minutes ago, jeffw67 said:

Congratulations! I think that's the farthest out I've heard of a upgrade offer being accepted

I was very surprised also! I don't have any idea why it happened so soon. I just went to the site today and noticed that my upgrade offer was missing and then checked my email and saw a new confirmation from Norwegian. I checked the confirmation email and checked back on the app and it shows me in suite 9000. I checked my credit card and it shows a $1,200 charge pending. So, I guess I got it! Maybe it's because the ship is smaller? I honestly have no experience with this as this is the first time I've put in for an upgrade, but based on the other posts here I agree that it seems to be very far out. I'm thrilled regardless! I guess my $600 bid was enough to get it for me. I did notice when I did a mock booking that suite 9000 was vacant, so it wasn't like they displaced anyone. I'm sure they'll move someone into that beautiful aft club balcony suite that I vacated. This is such a win-win for the cruise line. Very smart business!

52 minutes ago, ragdoll39 said:

I was very surprised also! I don't have any idea why it happened so soon. I just went to the site today and noticed that my upgrade offer was missing and then checked my email and saw a new confirmation from Norwegian. I checked the confirmation email and checked back on the app and it shows me in suite 9000. I checked my credit card and it shows a $1,200 charge pending. So, I guess I got it! Maybe it's because the ship is smaller? I honestly have no experience with this as this is the first time I've put in for an upgrade, but based on the other posts here I agree that it seems to be very far out. I'm thrilled regardless! I guess my $600 bid was enough to get it for me. I did notice when I did a mock booking that suite 9000 was vacant, so it wasn't like they displaced anyone. I'm sure they'll move someone into that beautiful aft club balcony suite that I vacated. This is such a win-win for the cruise line. Very smart business!

It gets them some extra revenue, and might also deter people somewhat from cancelling.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laurablue said:

We are scheduled to leave from Tampa on February 9th on the Dawn. We are bidding on a club balcony suite from an OV as well. Just curious what your “good” bid was? Thank you!

Always happy to help a Hoosier, it was $280 p.p.  Like I said, we wanted it and probably could have bid way less. That was my frame of mind, some will say way too much.  No buyer's remorse here.  Good luck.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kim L said:

Has anyone on the Getaway Jan 28th sailing received any upgrades yet?

We booked on 1/10, bid on 1/11 and got upgrade email the next morning for 1/28 Getaway. Got upgraded from balcony to Haven 2 bedroom. I think there were over 20 Haven cabins available on the 11th and after the 12th there were only 5 so it looks like they did upgrades pretty early.

34 minutes ago, mmgibbs7 said:

We booked on 1/10, bid on 1/11 and got upgrade email the next morning for 1/28 Getaway. Got upgraded from balcony to Haven 2 bedroom. I think there were over 20 Haven cabins available on the 11th and after the 12th there were only 5 so it looks like they did upgrades pretty early.

I figured that. We are already in a Haven Penthouse Suite, Was trying to get one of the Deluxe rooms. Not a big deal, we like the Penthouses. 

41 minutes ago, mmgibbs7 said:

Sorry, but we're new to the upgrade game...how are you determining the number of Haven cabins available on the sailing? Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks!

1 hour ago, wil e coyote said:

Sorry, but we're new to the upgrade game...how are you determining the number of Haven cabins available on the sailing? Is there an easy way to do that? Thanks!

No easy way. Just have to do a mock booking and see how many cabins are in each room type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kim L said:

I figured that. We are already in a Haven Penthouse Suite, Was trying to get one of the Deluxe rooms. Not a big deal, we like the Penthouses. 

Which ones did you bid on? I bid a little higher on the two bedroom that said it was on sale. When I went to lower the bid it had already accepted it.  

1 hour ago, mmgibbs7 said:

Which ones did you bid on? I bid a little higher on the two bedroom that said it was on sale. When I went to lower the bid it had already accepted it.  

I put bid on deluxe haven with large balcony and the deluxe haven with  balcony

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moby Dick said:

Always happy to help a Hoosier, it was $280 p.p.  Like I said, we wanted it and probably could have bid way less. That was my frame of mind, some will say way too much.  No buyer's remorse here.  Good luck.

Thanks for sharing! Our bid is pretty close to yours, so we will see…fingers crossed 🤞🏼 Enjoy your cruise!

17 minutes ago, Wintersun48 said:

Anyone else still waiting or had upgrades for encore on the 30th jan?

We're still waiting. All of our bids are still Pending. I'm not expecting to hear until Monday or Tuesday. That seems to be the pattern for the Sat/Sun cruises. I'm not sure why some of the other cruises are awarding upgrades early.

• Like 1

We are also on 30th Jan and submitted a bid 2 days ago on 19 Jan and we haven't heard anything yet. We only submitted 1 bid. I see many submit multiple bids. If we do that they will only potentially accept one of them, right? Spoke to DW this morning and we are thinking of submitting multiple if it would improve our chances.

Edited by wbrober0

21 minutes ago, SplashOfWater said:

We're still waiting. All of our bids are still Pending. I'm not expecting to hear until Monday or Tuesday. That seems to be the pattern for the Sat/Sun cruises. I'm not sure why some of the other cruises are awarding upgrades early.

I think, or at least it appears, some of them could have been awarded upgrades earlier than the typical patterns because of the cruises that were canceled last week and this. Gave them the opportunity to award some sailings earlier than usual.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wbrober0 said:

We are also on 30th Jan and submitted a bid 2 days ago on 19 Jan and we haven't heard anything yet. We only submitted 1 bid. I see many submit multiple bids. If we do that they will only potentially accept one of them, right? Spoke to DW this morning and we are thinking of submitting multiple if it would improve our chances.

Yes, they will only accept one of your bids. 

Upgraded from IB inside to BA Balcony late Friday, saw it today.  It is for the 1/29 Dawn out of Tampa.  Quite happy with the room on deck 10 they gave us, it is in the same area of the ship we chose for the inside room but one deck higher. 

I bid $175 pp, below the midpoint on the scale.  I had checked a couple of days ago and the Dawn had quite a few balconys available, so felt good about getting an upgrade.  Was still sweating it out though!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

Does Monday mornings seem to be when they make notifications most of the time?

Yes. Usually a lot of movement on Monday.

So a helpful reminder to all that are getting their upgrades....

If you don't mind please put the ship, date, cabin you are upgrading from, upgrade you got, price PP you bid, and where it fell on the meter.

Thanks all!!