Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

57 minutes ago, ceobrad said:

I got it! $1500 per person was the bid. 

Mine are all still pending 😞 I'm anxiously waiting! Congrats though!! We bid on almost all of the Haven categories. We're keeping our fingers crossed!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, omyjamie said:

Mine are all still pending 😞 I'm anxiously waiting! Congrats though!! We bid on almost all of the Haven categories. We're keeping our fingers crossed!

Same here, still waiting and watching! My bids aren't nearly as strong so we will see what happens. I can see that some of the lower haven suites are no longer available (1/8 Joy).

2 hours ago, flcraigs5 said:

Congrats!!! My one is showing expired n the other still pending 😒

Woo Hoo bid accepted from guarantee inside to balcony for January 5th sailing. Originally we put in a low offer but then our daughter decided to join us n 3 inside is doable but very tight so we upped the bid to 200.00 hoping that would secure one. I feel the total of 400.00 for the balcony was worth it. Now praying we get on the ship 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, onegunro said:

Yes, Jan 5 - 2 days from now!

ah ok, so they are accepting bids up until 2 days, good to know! I am sailing on the 22nd, thinking about putting an upgrade bid in to the aft facing haven, but might  wait to see if prices go down this week. 

Did you put in any other bids? I wonder what sort of bids are getting the owners suites lol

What is the earliest that bids have been accepted?  Today is day 13 before sailing, we are on Star South America and Antarctica Cruise.  The Cabins we bid on are still available on the NCL website, the email link still allows us to view and edit our bid.  Wondering if bids might be accepted earlier as there are significant entry requirement hoops to jump through for our sailing.

Edited by sparkygirlfamily

31 minutes ago, sparkygirlfamily said:

What is the earliest that bids have been accepted?  Today is day 13 before sailing, we are on Star South America and Antarctica Cruise.  The Cabins we bid on are still available on the NCL website, the email link still allows us to view and edit our bid.  Wondering if bids might be accepted earlier as there are significant entry requirement hoops to jump through for our sailing.

Post-covid, 14 days seems to be about average, although some cruises seem to all be last minute.  With the new cancellation policies they might hold off a little longer.

• Like 1

After waiting all day long, when the first person that posted at 7 this morning got their upgrade for the Getaway leaving Jan 5, at 430 I finally got my upgrade email!! So, they definitely process all day long. Last week it looked like they were processing 5 days out, but I think the holiday definitely threw a wrench into that. So expect anywhere from 2-5 days before your sail date to get the upgrade emails 🙂 especially in this ever-changing environment and all the cancellations. Good luck all! I'll see some of you on the Getaway on Wednesday! 😄 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, omyjamie said:

After waiting all day long, when the first person that posted at 7 this morning got their upgrade for the Getaway leaving Jan 5, at 430 I finally got my upgrade email!! So, they definitely process all day long. Last week it looked like they were processing 5 days out, but I think the holiday definitely threw a wrench into that. So expect anywhere from 2-5 days before your sail date to get the upgrade emails 🙂 especially in this ever-changing environment and all the cancellations. Good luck all! I'll see some of you on the Getaway on Wednesday! 😄 

Congrats!!! Did you get the upgrade you wanted?

This thread is now 28 pages long.  I'd like to make what I think is a reasonable request that will be the most helpful to everyone.

Please name the ship/route that you were sailing on.  Example, "NCL Escape 1/3/2022 sailing to the eastern Caribbean."

Name how much you bid on each cabin that you bid on.  Example, I bid i won was $1000 pp for a 1 br Haven suite".

It would be helpful for others when placing their bids.

It seems that a lot of people dance around the hard numbers, when its the hard numbers we are all looking for.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

• Like 4

13 hours ago, jumbojem96 said:

Congrats!!! Did you get the upgrade you wanted?

Yes! 🙂 We upgraded from a regular Balcony to a Haven suite. We bid on almost all haven categories (poor to fair bids), and they accepted this for $1000. We originally bid the FCC we had leftover only (700pp) but after reading about how wonderful the haven was, we decided we didnt want to lose out and we could afford a couple extra hundred each. We are SO excited! We have one of the courtyard rooms.

• Like 2

Hey y’all, it’s JumboJem coming through with the play-by-play. If anyone thinks I should make this a separate topic, let me know.

Jan 8 22 NCL Joy 7 nights sailing Western Caribbean from Miami
Originally booked in BB standard balcony.

Bids placed (all per person):
(Non-Haven) Penthouse suite: mid poor 185 (went on sale 31 days out, minimum bid was lowered from $250 to $125)
Haven w balcony: low fair 470  (300 min) WINNER!
Haven penthouse balcony: poor fair line 490 (350 min)
Haven family suite balc: low poor 425 (400 min)
Haven FF penthouse balc: low poor 465 (400 min)

30 days out 48 haven rooms available
19 days out 46 haven rooms available
12 days out 48 haven rooms available
10 days out 45 haven rooms available
5 days out (Round One!) Other bids for this sailing getting accepted, increased my bids for haven balcony and haven penthouse balcony. At the end of the day, 19 haven rooms available
4 days out (Round Two!) Bid accepted!
At 7 am, the upgrade your room image disappeared on the app. I went to the direct link and I could no longer change my bids.
7:20; all haven showing sold out except courtyard w large balcony.
7:30; checked offers page, all expired except Haven with balcony (HJ) which was processing! Nothing on the credit card yet.

While I was refreshing 5 days out, I noticed haven rooms were coming in and out of availability all day as bids were being processed.

I started to stress out about it so much that I could barely sleep. I kind of stopped caring as much, and now I just hope to enjoy my trip regardless of the upgrade. My actual process was not nearly as straightforward as written. I placed and canceled bids many dozens of times lol. I’m a broke PhD student and was trying to justify spending the money/choosing the perfect amount that wasn’t too much, but enough to win. Hopefully one day I can afford to book directly into the Haven.

Godspeed everyone! Best day ever! Now to stay away from Miss Rona.

Edited by jumbojem96
grammar etc
  • Like 3

That is an amazing play by play! Congratulations to you @jumbojem96!! Enjoy your cruise!!!!! I did the same. I checked every day last week to see what rooms were still available and increased and decreased bids a lot. I think thats why some people got their acceptance bids yesterday at 7 am and it took until 430 p EST for me to get mine! I was mad all day checking my email and the upgrades website! lol.

For the record, for our cruise (the Getaway, Jan 5 sailing) min bids for Haven were 600pp, max bids ranged from 2100-3100 pp. Bidding 850 got us out of the poor to "fair" category. When i was checking from last wednesday, we had:

9 courtyard rooms

1 penthouse balcony

1 haven spa (sometimes.. most of the time i would get an error when i clicked on this category but it never stated "sold out")

2 haven forwards

3 haven afts

the deluxe suites were sold out,

7 2 br villa (i did not bid on this.. since there are only 2 of us).

Our highest bids were on the spa (we really wanted the thermal suite pass) and the courtyard since we knew we had the highest chance there. The other categories we bid 750-800pp since we had the 700pp FCC. We decreased some bids after the cancellation news came out, hoping more rooms would become available and we would get accepted, but we still kept a few as "fair" bids because we did not want to risk losing out. We mgiht have been able to get it for cheaper, but we are totally OK with what we spent!

Happy cruising all! Stay Safe and Healthy!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, jumbojem96 said:

Hey y’all, it’s JumboJem coming through with the play-by-play. If anyone thinks I should make this a separate topic, let me know.

(Non-Haven) Penthouse suite: mid poor 185 (went on sale 31 days out, minimum bid was lowered from $250 to $125)

5 days out (Round One!) Other bids for this sailing getting accepted, increased my bids for haven balcony and haven penthouse balcony. At the end of the day, 19 haven rooms available
At 7 am, the upgrade your room image disappeared on the app. I went to the direct link and I could no longer change my bids.
7:30; checked offers page, all expired except Haven with balcony (HJ) which was processing! Nothing on the credit card yet.

While I was refreshing 5 days out, I noticed haven rooms were coming in and out of availability all day as bids were being processed.

I started to stress out about it so much that I could barely sleep. I kind of stopped caring as much, and now I just hope to enjoy my trip regardless of the upgrade. My actual process was not nearly as straightforward as written. I placed and canceled bids many dozens of times lol. I’m a broke PhD student and was trying to justify spending the money/choosing the perfect amount that wasn’t too much, but enough to win. Hopefully one day I can afford to book directly into the Haven.

Thank you for the detailed play by play report.   

Have an wonderful sailing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jumbojem96 said:

How do you know how many room are available?

• Like 1

I'm tempted to put a bit on a Haven from a Large balcony. They have it marked as "sale" but i don't know what that means or refers to. I don't quite get how it works...if your bid is accepted you only pay your bid x 2 ppl (we are 3 ppl in 1 room)?

Any help for a newbie bidder would be greatly appreciated. 

36 minutes ago, b94race said:

How do you know how many room are available?

Maybe someone knows a better way but I just start a booking, select the Haven category, pick a cabin that I am interested in and then use the Choose a Different Stateroom link.  From there you can go through the decks and see what is available for the various cabin types fairly easily.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Maybe someone knows a better way but I just start a booking, select the Haven category, pick a cabin that I am interested in and then use the Choose a Different Stateroom link.  From there you can go through the decks and see what is available for the various cabin types fairly easily.

Oh yeah!! I didn't think about that 🥴. Thanks!

56 minutes ago, Karaboudjan said:

Keep in mind that TAs can have other rooms that doesn't show on NCL's website as well 🙂

• Like 1