Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

Update- we got upgraded.  Balcony BA to Haven Aft Balcony- $900 pp

We leave on 1/3

2 hours ago, Analog187 said:

My cruise is in 5 days and it seems like the link to modify my bids has disappeared.  I was going to ask how to find the link to check the status and then I answered my own question - check the email!

Well I checked the email and clicked the link to modify the bids just so I can see them.  All of my bids have expired except Haven Aft Facing PH which is pending.  Not getting my hopes up just yet.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lottosal65 said:

Got our upgrade yesterday for a 1/3 Panama Canal sailing on the Pearl. Balcony BA to Club Balcony Suite QO, bid $200 pp. Bid was medium fair, but we wanted a little more room and this bid was still $1000 or so less than what my NCL rep said we would have to pay to upgrade when I called. I'm very pleased.  Low poor bids ($620-650) for "real" suites weren't accepted. Minimum bids on this sailing seemed higher than I'd hoped, probably because it is immediately post-holidays. We usually sail aft, this will be our first time on the side of a ship, but want to hang out on the balcony and get a good view of the locks as we go through the canal. My spouse is an engineer, and I suspect he'll be seeking out all day. 😆

Thank you for sharing in detail! How do you know about the bids that weren’t accepted? Was it discussed in your roll call?

Just now, jumbojem96 said:

What was the minimum bid? Do you know if there were many haven suites left before you were upgraded?

I think the minimum was 750 or 800.  I kept it very close.  Barely moved the needle.  

There were about 10 haven suites available as of yesterday. But I think there was only 1 Aft balcony so I was very surprised to get that. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jumbojem96 said:

Thank you for sharing in detail! How do you know about the bids that weren’t accepted? Was it discussed in your roll call?

Sorry, I was only referring to my bids (aft and forward penthouses) not being accepted. Doing a mock booking last week, I found not many of those were available.

Also, we were upgraded to MA, not QO. My bad. 🙂

I’ve been on Escape since 12/18 and heard about my bid for the next sailing (Jan 3) today. I had the minimum and not a dollar more, because it didn’t really matter if I moved or not…. But… Moving to 2Bedroom Villa Haven. Will be first time moving my cabin in 16 days, but I’m sure it’s worth it  for a couple of days with extra space 😊

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, omyjamie said:

I think the next group to get upgrades is my cruise, the Getaway on Jan 5. We're all anxiously waiting!!! Dang Holiday 😉 Happy New Year all!

It will be interesting to see what happens with the upgrade bids in the next few weeks.

I agree! Now i feel like my bids may be too high, with people likely cancelling. the Temp on the boards doesnt seem that high for people cancelling in the next two weeks, however I think most CC cruisers are avid cruisers that wouldnt cancel anyways. They are not the general population.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, omyjamie said:

I agree! Now i feel like my bids may be too high, with people likely cancelling. the Temp on the boards doesnt seem that high for people cancelling in the next two weeks, however I think most CC cruisers are avid cruisers that wouldnt cancel anyways. They are not the general population.

Maybe it’s not too late to lower your bid?🤞

14 hours ago, omyjamie said:

I think the next group to get upgrades is my cruise, the Getaway on Jan 5. We're all anxiously waiting!!! Dang Holiday 😉 Happy New Year all!

We're still waiting for the Jan 5, too. They are cutting it down to the wire!

23 minutes ago, onegunro said:

We are waiting on Jan 5, also! Sort of patiently...

Same here.  I was sure it would happen today, but not looking like it.  All four bids are still pending.  I haven’t heard of anyone on our ship that’s heard.