Any Upgrade Bids Accepted Recently?

rad798

On 4/30/2022 at 7:48 PM, WexIrl said:

Thank you for the reply.

Also, if you upgrade to the Haven, the gratuity for the staff will go up. Also, you will have access to the concierge and a butler who do not share in the gratuities that NCL adds, so be aware that is an additional cost. Good luck on upgrading.

NCL Spirit 05/07/22. Just got upgrade. Our bid from inside to balcony was at the poor/fair line. The bid was accepted and we got BA cabin in middle of the deck 11. Perfect!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, GALSews said:

Also, if you upgrade to the Haven, the gratuity for the staff will go up. Also, you will have access to the concierge and a butler who do not share in the gratuities that NCL adds, so be aware that is an additional cost. Good luck on upgrading.

There’s no extra cost gratuity stays the same as you originally paid, it is your choice if you tip the concierge or butler, it’s not compulsory 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Trimone said:

There’s no extra cost gratuity stays the same as you originally paid, it is your choice if you tip the concierge or butler, it’s not compulsory 

The DSC is three dollars higher per person per day:

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2019, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

• $18 USD per person per day for The Haven and Suites
  • $15 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

6 hours ago, cmecruise1962 said:

The DSC is three dollars higher per person per day:

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2019, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

• $18 USD per person per day for The Haven and Suites
  • $15 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

Not if you get upgraded, you’re original extras and DSC stay the same.

• Like 1

No word yet on upgrades for a cruise departing this Sunday.  Not sure if that's a good sign or not.  I bid the lowest possible price for an upgrade from Balcony to Club Balcony.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, argyll1881 said:

No word yet on upgrades for a cruise departing this Sunday.  Not sure if that's a good sign or not.  I bid the lowest possible price for an upgrade from Balcony to Club Balcony.

I have been watching like a hawk. Nothing and we leave on Sunday as well. 

16 minutes ago, KM012889 said:

The option to see my bids has totally been removed from the site and the app. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing? Leaving NY on Sunday.

Me too, in the last 10 minutes...

Looks like they shut things down 3 days in advance - I just went to book a spa package and it isn't available now either - it says it is too close to sailing and now has to be done onboard.

2 minutes ago, argyll1881 said:

Looks like they shut things down 3 days in advance - I just went to book a spa package and it isn't available now either - it says it is too close to sailing and now has to be done onboard.

So you cant make changes within 3 days? What if you want to change your amount? Oh well, waiting continues.

We're leaving in 3 days on Sunday. I got my upgrade this morning from Ocean View to Balcony for 90€ pP. I guess it's easy these days since the ships don't run on full capacity.

Nevertheless, I'm very happy 😃

• Like 3

On 5/2/2022 at 9:43 PM, GALSews said:

Thank you, I did not put a bid in after, I didn't think the price for a Haven experience was worth what I will pay for week trip to Vegas after the cruise (Flying from Ireland).

We were originally booked in an MA and outright upgraded to an SD for about $1400 when the price kept dropping. Then just got the email about 30 minutes ago for our 5/13/22 sailing on the Star. We were upgraded from the SD to the S1 - the 3 bedroom garden villa.

I'm in shock and awe right now. Not sure what the 2 of us are going to do with that much space. It's about 3x bigger than our home.

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Caramel bunny said:

I got upgraded today for a sailing on the Epic tomorrow. went from inside to club balcony for minimum bid of £60. Genuinely wasnt expecting to have 'won' on such a low bid. 😎🏝️

We were on Epic a few weeks ago. Ship was 30% capacity and staff told us there was only a few inside cabins in use. Most were upgrades so minimum bids getting accepted more now due to low capacity.

Joy 5/15.  I had 3 of my bids expire and one is processing, so I guess that is the upgrade that I am getting.  2 BR villa on deck 18.  $10 over the minimum.  I did a paid upgrade from a balcony to a courtyard penthouse 2 weeks ago when the prices dropped a lot.  Then I bid on the 2 BR again.  All said and done my money out of pocket is still $300 less PP then my original bid on the 2 BR before I did the paid upgrade.  

• Like 1

Just got the confirmation on the 2 BR.  Funny thing is that all categories and some Haven rooms were able to be booked as of now.  It never went to "sold out" or "unavailable".  Hopefully the Haven will not be sold out on this cruise.  

Received an email this morning to say I have been outbid on an upgrade….

real time bidding has been opened on your cruise!

for a limited time and on selected upgrade types, this special feature of the upgrade advantage program will notify guests when they have been outbid for a specific type.

the haven aft facing penthouse is a very popular upgrade type and other guests have made higher offers.

This is a first for me and I have only received it for this room type