NCL BOGO Flight Deal

BoozinCroozin

I am considering updating our reservation to include the BOGO flight deal. I have a few quick questions first:

1. Does NCL allow flying in the day before?
  2. Do they give you a choice of time for flight departure flying in?
  3. What has been your experience with this offer?

16 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

I am considering updating our reservation to include the BOGO flight deal. I have a few quick questions first:

1. Does NCL allow flying in the day before?
  2. Do they give you a choice of time for flight departure flying in?
  3. What has been your experience with this offer?

I will answer #2 for you.  No, they do not.  They pick the flight times and any stops/layover locations.  Could be a redeye flight if appropriate.

#1 - I know they do allow you to fly in or out a day earlier/later.  I think up to 2 days in fact.  I don't know if there is an added fee for this or not.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 1

Thank you. I just called our TA. They contacted NCL for the deal. My current flight prices for 3 is $2,100. NCL came in at $500 for all 3 of us. I can deal with whatever airline and time they give me for $1,600 difference. I was at the point of having to completely cancel the cruise when flights were going to be almost the price of the cruise.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Thank you. I just called our TA. They contacted NCL for the deal. My current flight prices for 3 is $2,100. NCL came in at $500 for all 3 of us. I can deal with whatever airline and time they give me for $1,600 difference. I was at the point of having to completely cancel the cruise when flights were going to be almost the price of the cruise.

I have found their prices to be unbeatable.  I have anxiety driving in larger cities so I don't drive anywhere like Atlanta or Orlando.  We got round trip flights from Pensacola, Fl to Orlando for $100 each through NCL.  It's about a 9 hour drive so given the cost of gas and hotel rooms, we could not have driven cheaper than to fly through NCL.

Edited by CruizinKittie40
added round trip
  • Like 1

Driving isn't a problem for me, but NOLA is too far from NC. I could do PC. My only possible regret would be arriving too late at night to allow my DW and DD see Bourbon St and some of the other sites. We now won't book a hotel until we know our flights. If we don't arrive until late at night, no reason going in to NOLA. We can get an airport hotel very inexpensive. I hope we can get an arrival time by early afternoon.

11 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Driving isn't a problem for me, but NOLA is too far from NC. I could do PC. My only possible regret would be arriving too late at night to allow my DW and DD see Bourbon St and some of the other sites. We now won't book a hotel until we know our flights. If we don't arrive until late at night, no reason going in to NOLA. We can get an airport hotel very inexpensive. I hope we can get an arrival time by early afternoon.

You can get a couple day deviation for a small extra fee.  Then you'd have time to spend in New Orleans.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

You can get a couple day deviation for a small extra fee.  Then you'd have time to spend in New Orleans.

Yes, they allowed 2-days on either side. However, our available time is extremely limited unfortunately. Our touring of NOLA will be strictly on the Saturday before the cruise. If we arrive too late in the night, then we just get the Sunday morning tour of Cafe D' Monde. For the flight price they got me compared to what I can book for, the family will just have to deal with whatever time it is. I just got the booking back. It was $448 for our 3 RT flights. Finding the cheapest flight arriving on Saturday and departing Sunday when we return (I assumed 11AM as the earliest possible flight departure), it is $1,913 if I book myself. For ~$1,500 price difference for flights alone, I will take what NCL gives me.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BoozinCroozin said:

Yea, that’s a good deal.  And since your only going NC to New Orleans, I would also feel that pretty much any flights were going to be tolerable.  Once you get the actual flight, if you don’t have seat assignments or don’t like the seats you got, you are allowed to call the airline directly to try and change them.  

• Like 1

Thank you all for the information. I had been bouncing back and forth about switching from Breakaway to Joy out of Miami because of flights. When I saw the BOGO offer and a short window remaining to get it, I decided to go for it. There were benefits beyond price now that I received the final booking.

1. 3 roundtrip flights: $448 ($52 less than what they originally quoted)
  2. 3 free airport transfers from NOLA port back to MSY ($75 savings)
  3. An additional $50 OBC through my TA
  4. $100 lower cruise fare price

This was all good news. The only "bad" part is the potential for flight times getting in late to enjoy NOLA for a few hours. We can live with it.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

Yea, that’s a good deal.  And since your only going NC to New Orleans, I would also feel that pretty much any flights were going to be tolerable.  Once you get the actual flight, if you don’t have seat assignments or don’t like the seats you got, you are allowed to call the airline directly to try and change them.  

I was able to go to the Delta website and choose my seats.  You can upgrade yourself as well