It's time for some Mojitos - NCL Encore Live Review Sept 4th 2021

aubreyc1988

RECAP: We had such a wonderful day gold panning. I am going to be honest, I thought it was going to be lame but it was really cool. they give you one seeded pan, and after that you can dig up dirt from anywhere and try to find gold naturally.  TJ and I found gold from some dirt we dug up on a pathway, so that was really cool!

We may or may not have went to Red Dog Saloon and got drunk with some CC friends so it was a long night last night.  😛

e44.jpeg

e13.jpeg

e14.jpeg

e15.jpeg

e16.jpeg

e17.jpeg

e19.jpeg

e20.jpeg

e22.jpeg

e23.jpeg

• Like 6

Today we are in Ward Cove/Ketchikan. Our excursion leaves at noon, ships time. We are doing Eagle Island Kayaking! 

For those wondering about Ward Cove lines and such, I won't be able to really weigh in because my excursion is with NCL and doesn't start until noone35.thumb.jpeg.f1e4f6ce73e40de2b7eadd0d0ef68769.jpeg

Edited by aubreyc1988
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, creosotegirl said:

Are the entertainers at the bars still performing?  Have you found one or two whom you really enjoyed?  If the major shows are still cancelled next week, I may just hang out in the bars.

Yes, there are entertainers at bars, comedians, etc. Just no kinky boots or choir of man

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Loving your review. 

I heard NCL sent out a letter to next weeks cruisers saying some crew have covid and they have options to cancel etc. Assuming its the theater entertainers. Have you received notification of crew having Covid? 

The notification was when Kinky Boots and Choir of Man were suspended.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chefchick said:

Have they changed masking protocols on this sailing because of the few cases found onboard?  I am scheduled to board this weekend and would like to know how stringently masking is or isn’t being enforced.

thank you.

nope, masks are still optional, maybe just 100 passengers  out of 2300 wearing them onboard.  Everyone has been washing their hands/sanitizing, etc. All or almost crew are wearing kn95s, over half of them having surgical mask underneath the kn95. 

Can't remember which one, but Savor or taste is closed...only one has been open for us every day, the other one has been for the crews meals. Idk if it has anything to do with Covid, but more like a nice thing they are doing for the crew because capacity is so low. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drumming cruisers said:

Loving your review. 

I heard NCL sent out a letter to next weeks cruisers saying some crew have covid and they have options to cancel etc. Assuming its the theater entertainers. Have you received notification of crew having Covid? 

We got a letter 2 days prior to sailing I believe about some crew testing positive and isolating onboard. We were given the opportunity to cancel for refund or FCC. Nothing has been said by crew onboard about those cases, but plenty of passengers have been asking the crew about it and it's very cringe-y. We feel very safe onboard, that is really all I can say about it. I hope the crew members who tested positive and are in isolation have a speedy recovery. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

nope, masks are still optional, maybe just 100 passengers  out of 2300 wearing them onboard.  Everyone has been washing their hands/sanitizing, etc. All or almost crew are wearing kn95s, over half of them having surgical mask underneath the kn95. 

Can't remember which one, but Savor or taste is closed...only one has been open for us every day, the other one has been for the crews meals. Idk if it has anything to do with Covid, but more like a nice thing they are doing for the crew because capacity is so low. 

Thank you, that’s does set my mind at ease a little.  I sailed the Miracle just a few weeks ago with all the protocols and although not ideal, it wasn’t as bad as I had imagined it would be….I was just looking forward to a not so stringent cruise.  I am pretty disappointed at the lack of entertainment, and now even dining venues?  But I assume the lower numbers means it’s easier to naturally social distance, etc.  Has the lack of shows, etc impeded on your cruise overall?  I understand it’s all in the attitude, but would love to hear your prospective.

We board on Saturday. Got that same email this morning about crew COVID. Didn't even occur to me to cancel. I would imagine that closing one of the smaller dining rooms has more to do with the number of passengers on board and not limiting dining. The menus are the same in Taste, Savor, and the Manhattan dining rooms. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

We got a letter 2 days prior to sailing I believe about some crew testing positive and isolating onboard. We were given the opportunity to cancel for refund or FCC. Nothing has been said by crew onboard about those cases, but plenty of passengers have been asking the crew about it and it's very cringe-y. We feel very safe onboard, that is really all I can say about it. I hope the crew members who tested positive and are in isolation have a speedy recovery. 

Wow. Thanks for posting the officers. Guess Deepak & Silas have Covid since they have a replacement this week. Hope everyone recovers quickly. Thanks for the updates & enjoy the rest of the trip. Can you please post some of the Freestyle Dailies? 

• Like 1

On 9/9/2021 at 12:43 PM, Jenjohncourt said:

Wow. Thanks for posting the officers. Guess Deepak & Silas have Covid since they have a replacement this week. Hope everyone recovers quickly. Thanks for the updates & enjoy the rest of the trip. Can you please post some of the Freestyle Dailies? 

I was on the 28th sailing. Silas stopped the announcements about 3/4 through the sailing.  

Deepak came by our dinner table on the last night of the sailing to ask how our meal and sailing was.  I remember everyone working in the venue pretty much stood at attention when he entered the room and I could instantly tell he was pretty important so I asked my server who he was after he left the table. Prior to him stopping by our table I overheard crew telling him they were going to miss him so from that overheard conversation I assumed it was a planned departure.  I kind of thought he was someone high ranking who got crew up and running and was off to another ship restart but it was just my impression. He most definitely had high respect from the crew. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Last night was a pretty eventful night for us! Around 10:15pm, my husband went out on our deck 9 balcony and said to me “omg there is a person out here”

I went out there and said “stop spying on the neighbors” but then gasped when I saw an actual person laying unresponsive on the waterfront overhang that deck 9 balconies have! We both initially thought she was dead, but while I was calling 911 and searching for help, my husband was able to get her to respond and have her climb into our balcony and we got her to safety. She was black out drunk, was in a room pretty far from ours, must have crawled across the waterfront edge for many balcony lengths. She’s lucky to be alive!!!

The real thing that bothers us is that when my husband initially called 911, no one picked up! I called from the hallway and took someone 6-7 rings to pick up, and then they took over 5 minutes to get to us.
Was such a scary situation, hard to explain, really shook us up and we ended up going to bed early last night

Just had to share with you guys, I do hope she was OK this morning. 

Will post a FULL trip recap tomorrow!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

Oh my goodness! That's a scary way to wrap-up what I hope was an otherwise fun week. Glad you and your husband were able to stay calm and get the woman to safety.

1 hour ago, SenatorsFan said:

What a wild story that is! I'm glad you were able to help the woman.

Yes was super wild but definitely had a happy ending!  Could have been SO much worse. 

• Like 4

Wow, what a scary experience. You guys really saved the day. We had a deck 9 balcony as well and I never realized when we booked it would have that overhang extending just below. Imagine my surprise when two crew members walked by one morning right after I had been changing. Generally you have a certain expectation of privacy in your room and I was shocked. Didn’t realize my open balcony window was fair game. Thankfully I was decent but had they walked by 15 minutes earlier while I was dressing they might have gotten an eyeful! We won’t be booking cabins on that level again. I think NCL should warn people occupying those spaces if they are going to have crew working out there so they know to close the drapes. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, wacruiselover said:

@aubreyc1988 We were on the same cruise in 10244 which is port side in the middle of he ship. Were you just below us or on the starboard side? We didn't hear a thing but are glad she was OK. Oh the wonders of the Premium Beverage Package!

we were 9300 portside, so more aft. 

2 hours ago, karatemom2 said:

Wow, what a scary experience. You guys really saved the day. We had a deck 9 balcony as well and I never realized when we booked it would have that overhang extending just below. Imagine my surprise when two crew members walked by one morning right after I had been changing. Generally you have a certain expectation of privacy in your room and I was shocked. Didn’t realize my open balcony window was fair game. Thankfully I was decent but had they walked by 15 minutes earlier while I was dressing they might have gotten an eyeful! We won’t be booking cabins on that level again. I think NCL should warn people occupying those spaces if they are going to have crew working out there so they know to close the drapes. 

wow yeah, I guess crew probably do use that area and have to clean it...i was definitely dressing with that curtain open lol