Live on Horizon 9/4

EngIceDave

3 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Jan 2023, Carnival Dream does a 14 day (Journey Cruise) with Amber Cove on the itenerary. 

3 minutes ago, CruisinMama2003 said:

Jan 2023, Carnival Dream does a 14 day (Journey Cruise) with Amber Cove on the itenerary. 

Ahhhh, thank you! Something to consider. 

• Like 1

Of the cabana choices, if you wanted to do that, the ones overlooking the pool are tiered. 
If this is something that interests you, I would view them this way. The lowest tier are closest to pool. If you plan to swim a lot or have kids, may be best for you.

the upper ones are clear of more water, noise and even more sun on the deck for tanning, but to swim you’ll walk down a few flights of wood stairs.

they have misters for the heat, a real bonus from my past experiences

I find it interesting that late in the week many servers and bartenders just stop handing you receipts to sign for your beverages (I am cheers)

Christopher (Chris) is the jewelry shopping ashore guy, really nice guy and if you are looking for something for your significant other, he’ll help you find it. 

One more complaint for the lack of some kind of munchie or fruit out on lido between meals. 

This ship just doesn’t feel that big….actually feels a little cramped. There is no big wide open inside space. All the inside spaces feel low and small. No really huge grand plaza. The lobby where customer service is really just a bar open up to a few decks above.

Another tip, if you have ATT, you can opt for an international plan and then it’s on $10 per day in the ports and that’s unlimited call, text, data.

• Like 1

It is my opinion that an argument can be made that the shower curtain is not necessary at all.

There are two drains in the bathroom. So it is no big deal if water goes all over the floor. There is a large threshold to keep it in the bathroom. 

If you keep nothing on the floor, you can keep that curtain back a bit and make some room for yourselves 

CF551DE0-7095-42DE-A814-5993AFA65247.jpeg

• Like 1

In the lido buffet, there’s a front and a back.

The sweet treat part in the forward buffet is usually smaller bites or fruit

go to the aft one and CAKE CITY BABY!

5-6 different types of cakes, get whatever you want

And they’re good.

62B349CC-D75A-42BD-858B-1EBD5ACCCF8E.jpeg

• Like 6

After you get off the ship, you have to do the obligatory walk through the Dufry Duty Free Store and right outside you’ll come to this self explanatory sign post. 

all within a couple hundred yards or so. It’s a longer walk to the place than through it. 

135661CC-BD0F-401F-B1E9-F2E05358045E.jpeg

• Like 1

Ate at the Italian place, really good. A bargain at $15pp

Had the arrancini and wife had salad

Entree, I had the mama Rosalita’s whatever, super good.

Wifey-poo have linguini carbonara. That part of the menu is build your own. Not very clear. Hers was good too. 

Portions are of a normals size. To understand what I mean, Cheesecake Factory portions are stupid sized. These are less…maybe half…a normal portion.

You can get dessert to go…to eat by pool, movie or cabin

• Like 2

On 9/5/2021 at 11:47 AM, EngIceDave said:

It’s vary kind of them to provide mirrors at nose level

LOL

(oh hush, I’m a product of south Florida in the 80’s)

83981E44-1B7E-4F06-9F54-FBD2B1DDDC22.jpeg

this is one of the funniest posts in the history of cruise critic, hope no caterpillars were harmed on the mirror lol

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lilchuckie said:

Hey sorry to double post, it’s obviously been awhile since I’ve cruised but if I remember correctly it’s $5 coin-in per point for video poker type stuff and $1 or $2.5 per point on other stuff. 

Best I can figure is $4 coin in.  It’s not $5, doesn’t seem like it. It something odd. 

The Serenity deck (Deck 15) appears to be crew only in the evening. We’re on 14 and I’m observant. I’ve seen crew in civilian clothes come and go. Last night at about 11 I heard the chairs moving like they were cleaning up. This is a nightly thing. Noise was only couple minutes. 

Oh, negative on that one…..BUT I DID CONFIRM, it’s true.

the crew bar is too small for decent social distancing, if at all, so the decision was made to open the upper serenity deck for crew to get fresh air and chill. I like it and should be an all time thing, we dont need it at night.

and it was their chairs I heard last night, closing was 11pm but with next cruise it’ll be 2am

whole cruise I never heard a peep from 15 down to our cabin below.

On 9/8/2021 at 1:13 PM, helene109 said:

Love the review! We are on the abc islands in May what is it like right off of the pier? Is it like Cozumel where it is enclosed? Thanks 

Aruba is more open, like St Maarten. 
Curacao is as well

Both stops in DR are more compound-like.

I wouldn’t go wandering off.

• Thanks 1